Upgrades / Replacement Parts for KJW P229?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by ARhymingApe, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

So I've read/heard that the TM P226 parts are compatible with the KJW P226, however, I'm not sure where I'm able to find parts for a P229.

Any suggestions?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The P226 and P229 run off the same system. The p229 is just a shorter version of the 226.

3. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

I understand that.
    however, what would I do / where would I look if I wanted a new slide? I wouldn't be able to just buy a guarder metal slide for a TM 226 and call it a day..

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. Yeah, you could. Grin is doing it. Just grab a p229 MBK.

Ehobbyasia
    Redwolfairsoft
    Wgcshop
    Shootercbgear

5. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

excuse the nooby-ness, but would you care to elaborate?
    i checked out the sites and still couldnt find what i was looking for.
    also, how would the install go?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It is possible to put a KJW In a Guarder MBK. Just make sure it's for your model (KJWs are the P226R system). You may have to find a different brand besides Guarder.

7. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

awesome. I'll definitely look into and check in with my local airsoft shop.

much appreciated!

8. Rain

Rain New Member

Um no.

P229 is significantly shorter in both height and length. Meaning the slide is shorter than a P226. This is true for airsoft or real steel. Yes the P229 is built off the P226, but not all the parts are interchangeable. Especially the slides. I have several of each, across multiple brands like KJW, WE Tech. Finding parts for the KJW P229 is like finding the Holy Grail. It has some gas delivery issues which I believe stem from a faulty design. I have six mags for just my KJW P229 and everything leaks like a spaghetti strainer. I need seals and a few other parts like the breech loader, a plastic part that is unique. I've looked at other KJW GBB's and not the same. Best advice I heard was to go through a website like Airsplat tech support, tell them what you need and see if they can track it down for you. Often they don't list every little part or even carry it, but I would assume they, if anyone, would know where to get it.

And I've tried swapping 226 slides onto a 229 lower: jams slide hard. Not compatible.

Tried it the other way too. Slide moves, doesn't feed correctly. Been there, done that. Got five P226's and two P229's here.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  9. AirSplat

AirSplat New Member

Rain thanks for the support!

Please feel free to contact us as we do offer repair services for all items! You can send us a PM, give us a call 626-539-3900, or even shoot an email to our support team at support@airsplat.com

We are here to help however we can.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  10. soviet

soviet New Member

No, they are both TM Compatible so the KJW is a hell of a lot better in the long run.

11. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Actually soviet, since TM doesn't make a P229, the KJW P229 is not TM compatible. The WE Sigs are just slightly off TM spec, so they require a little modification to upgrade.

12. soviet

soviet New Member

Rather have KJW most of the time still.

13. Lil_Shady

It's amazing that you own so much and yet have no idea what you're talking about. WE still sucks, KJW is vastly better. KJWs internal and external build is the best of any budget GBB available, and the internal quality rivals, even bests in some instances, that of KWA. The KJWs are also TM compatible where as most WEs need slight modifications to fit TM parts, or won't use some TM parts at all (such as single stack 1911 magazines).

14. Lil_Shady

Obviously. I've been teching pistols as a side job for almost 5 years of the 6 I've been in this sport. In that time I've had less than 10 KJWs come trough my shop. I've lost count of the amount of WE that has come through. I would buy a KJW before I bought a WE any day, as the WE is out and out garbage.

15. soviet

soviet New Member

Well, my job is helping build airships, and GATRs for the military. :p.

No, if you look on the forum. More people have ask question about fixing there WE than KJW.

16. Lil_Shady

Yes, because a $5-10 difference in price definitely accounts for the entirety of the extreme difference in volume I've had of WE vs KJW.

17. Lil_Shady

Someone doesn't understand sarcasm. WE is 85 from an Asian retailer, so it comes fairly close to averaging out when you factor in shipping. WE is more popular, yes, because it has far more models available, yet I see the same models sliding across my desk time and time again, not different models which would account for the popularity.

18. Lil_Shady

Your point is what exactly? Shipping from Asia>shipping from the US. The KJW from Airsplat is the same price as the WE shipped from Ehobby. Try reading next time.

19. Lil_Shady

That's funny considering I've used both quite often as well, they're rather popular at my local field. The KJW blows the WE out of the water. You have nothing besides the supposed "reliability" to back up your statements. The KJW beats out the WE in accuracy, range, gas efficiency, looks, AND reliability every time.

20. MjrBadKarma

MjrBadKarma Member

waterford
    Sub for later 20 ++++++++++++