Upgrades

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by noko1857, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noko1857

noko1857 New Member

I have a BRAVO RDW KAC Airsoft AEG Rifle (stock parts) and I'm looking to upgrade it. I did don't have a huge budget, but that isn't my question. I don't know what I should upgrade in my gun because I'm kind of a newbie to airsoft in a way but this is my first legit airsoft gun. Can I please get suggestions on what to get?

Attached Files:

2. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    upgrade the flash hider.

do you want to increase ROF?
    are you planning on outdoors or mainly indoors?
    what are the current ROF and FPS?

basic tuning: adjust AOE, clean factory lube, re-shim, re-lube, test compression
    other options: add mosfet + 16awg wiring + deans/xt60 + 7.4v LiPo

3. noko1857

noko1857 New Member

ROF? What does that mean? But the FPS is 350 and outdoor. How much would this cost me because I don't want to do this by myself because I'm afraid I might screw it up.

4. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Rate
    Of
    Fire

5. noko1857

noko1857 New Member

I can't tell but it doesn't have a very high mag capacity

6. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Look it up on google, what is the ROF on a blank blank Airsoft gun?There are little tests you can do. Like, shooting your gun for 3 seconds on full auto, and count the bbs that you shot out and do the math from there.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
  8. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    My bro already posted a thread on your gun I believe just look up matrix pdw.

9. noko1857

noko1857 New Member

I read around and the rate of fire is about 20

I looked it up and nothing came up

What is AOE? I thought I knew some stuff about airsoft, now I feel like I'm stupid

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  10. 123122

123122 New Member

It's USmc all the way just click on this profile and got to his threads and find the matrix one:)

11. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
  12. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Angle Of Engagement. It's the angle the first tooth on the sector gear has towards the first tooth (pickup tooth) on the piston when it engages it. This should be explained in the sticky threads in the modification section of the forum. Correcting AOE is a reliability mods, it will reduce the stress on the piston.

I definitely agree about the electrical upgrades and getting a li-po. Don't bother with ni-mh batteries, they have been obsolete for several years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.