Upgrading a crossman

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by THE_ELIMANATOR, Nov 6, 2012.

1. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Hey guys I know crosmans are the one of the worst brands and I don't use them for anything other than just plinking around with but I would like to up grade the crosman stinger r-34 so that I could eventualy give it to a friend as a sniper.
    It curently stock has:
    Magazine: Up to 400 Plastic BBs
    Mechanism/Action: Spring Air Repeater
    Weight: 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg)
    Overall Length: 23.75 inches to 33.5 inches (60.33 cm to 85.09 cm)
    Front sights: Blade
    Rear sights: Peep
    Barrel Length:4.37 inches (11.1 cm)
    Barrel Material: Precision aluminum
    Safety: Lever
    300 FPS
    Any help is greatly apreciated.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    -_______________- Define sniper rifle, I'm pretty sure if you want anything more than like 15 yards, you're going to have to get a different gun.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    a sniper? i dont know if that possible with that weapon without gutting it and replacing it with everything new.
    I honestly dont know what crossman is compatible with...

4. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    I am pretty much just planning to gut the whole thing new springs, new barell, and maybe a new cocking lever and anything else that I can upgrade.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Right, except springers like that aren't really meant to be taken apart, and you probably could put it back together the same way. Also I doubt you will find a compatible barrel, well actually you may be able to randomly mod a nice AEG barrel into it, buy just sticking it in, bit of a waste as well, not sure if you could find a compatible spring either. And yeah guy everything? Not happening like stated, so many things won't be replaceable, I wouldn't even advise opening it up. Do what I did, sell it for 14 bucks and try to get a sniper rifle if your friend really wants one, or a AEG used.

6. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Ok thanks for the help guys I found a cheap AEG barrel and a spring that was the right size and was stronger on amazon ordering them now.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Have you thought about the possibility of it breaking after you upgrade it ? They arn't ment to be upgraded so putting a stronger spring in it will probaly do more bad than good. but by all means if you want to then go ahead...

8. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Its just a cruddy springer and it only cost me $20 so it realy dose not matter to me.

9. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Maybe if you could spell barrel, you could get a new barrel. I think it's just a waste of money to buy the parts.

10. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    lol your making a bomb dude, it will literally explode when the trigger is pulled. the most i would "upgrade" on a crossman is diy mods maybe get another 25-50 feet out of it.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I doubt almost 100% that they will fit that gun.

12. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Actualy the spring is right diameter and I'm going to solder the barrel together.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  13. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You still spelled 'barrel' wrong, along with some other words...

actually *cough* solder *cough* together *cough*

But soldering two barrels together doesn't work like that. It would actually be more effective to tape them together, but that still wont be half as good as just getting one big barrel.

You see, when you put two barrels together, there is often a slight difference in the internal diameter, plus there is a lip in the inside of the barrel near the edges. This will throw your bb off and possibly make it less accurate then it was before. Trust me, it won't help you at all. And soldering is worse because A). its not meant to withstand a lot of force B). Is for electrical circuits C). Can get inside your barrel and screw both barrels up.

If you want a good upgrade for that crossman, rip the barrel off and use it to barrel tag other players. Trust me, it will be more effective that way...

14. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Ok what I have decided to do is I cancled the AEG barrel the spring should come in today or tommrow I'll tell you all how it goes.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What is the strength of the spring?

16. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    It just came in today I put the spring in and put it back together. I cronoed the gun with .2s at 375fps it was origanaly 300fps.

17. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

For the record, it's spelled 'Crosman'.

18. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Crossman and upgrade are two words that should never be used in the same sentence.

19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Can we have a picture of the crono reading?

20. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    I'll try to get it cronoed asap but I rented the chronograph so it might take a while but I feel that I should provide proof so I will asap.