Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Seems like a waste of a Krytac to mess with it. If you want to put all those fancy parts into a gun, might as well start with a VFC or ICS shell.

Reactions: Six7One

· Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Seems like a waste of a Krytac to mess with it. If you want to put all those fancy parts into a gun, might as well start with a VFC or ICS shell.
I don't think so, a Krytac still has some parts that could be upgraded. There's no good reason to buy another gun instead.
My friend wants to turn his krytac into a beast. I was thinking a Gate titan, siegetek dsg, an asg 28 tpa, and r-hop/general hop up tuning. Any suggestions for parts or mods? He has a budget of about 600$
It'll need some dremmeling to fit a Titan. Other step/spur gears need a bit of modification to fit. ASG CNC motors should be avoided, sadly they've been failing a lot lately due to the lack of a tower bearing. What does he want in terms of FPS/joules RPS and trigger response? Could do something like this:
Tienly, ASG Boost, AAC, Star Wei or KoA Ultra 30k 16tpa motor $40-$100+
FLT 8mm bushings $20
20.8:1 gears: ZCi 9t bevel($6), stock step, Siegetek 8t DSG(~$45)
Guarder SP150+ spring $15+
Cyma white FMR piston, 1.5 teeth removed, rack epoxied or CA'd to body $14
Lonex POM piston head $15
Lonex($15), Prometheus($15-$20) or mirror polished stock cylinder
Prometheus Krytac spec CH+nozzle($26) or stock CH+Prommy nozzle($12)
Prommy tappet plate, DSG modified $18
Stock mosfet with 16awg wire, Jefftron processor unit($70) or Gate Titan(~$150)
Big 3s lipo ~$20
Stock or Prommy Krytac spec hopup($40)
Prommy purple hopup packing
Stock barrel, polished/lapped, r-hop'd or EdGI($70-$100)
Barrel lockdown

With the leftover, if any, get a bunch of the best plastic BB's: Maruzen Super Grand Master .29g:cool:

· Registered
1,349 Posts
I don't think so, a Krytac still has some parts that could be upgraded. There's no good reason to buy another gun instead.

It'll need some dremmeling to fit a Titan. Other step/spur gears need a bit of modification to fit. ASG CNC motors should be avoided, sadly they've been failing a lot lately due to the lack of a tower bearing. What does he want in terms of FPS/joules RPS and trigger response? Could do something like this:
FLT 8mm bushings $20
Big 3s lipo ~$20
Barrel lockdown

With the leftover, if any, get a bunch of the best plastic BB's: Maruzen Super Grand Master .29g:cool:
Not disagreeing. My point was that Krytacs aren't the ideal upgrade platforms since a lot of the upgrade parts are not a drop in fit.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

FLT 8mm bushings $20
Big 3s lipo ~$20
Barrel lockdown

He wants decent ROF like 20-30, but he mainly wants perfect trigger response and range/accuracy as he uses it as more of a DMR setup. So the DSG might not be necessary, I'll probably get some 12:1's. He wants to use it for our outdoor field so 500 fps locked to semi, and for our CQB field so 350 fps. How much modification would be needed to fit in a Titan and a different gearset?

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
I too have been looking to upgrade my trident. What imma do is get 13:1 gears, SHS hi torque motor, and a good 25c lipo.
25C alone means nothing...a good 25A battery means something...but that is setting the bar rather low and is really not that great.

· Premium Member
2,917 Posts
He wants decent ROF like 20-30, but he mainly wants perfect trigger response and range/accuracy as he uses it as more of a DMR setup. So the DSG might not be necessary, I'll probably get some 12:1's. He wants to use it for our outdoor field so 500 fps locked to semi, and for our CQB field so 350 fps. How much modification would be needed to fit in a Titan and a different gearset?
For a Titan I'm not sure, I know you need to remove a bit of material from the shell. For a different gearset you need to take away some material from the spur gear. It's possible you can modify the gearbox shell instead but I'm not sure. The list I posted would give ~45 RPS with very good response.
I put a 6.03 barrel and a lipo. If I were to do a build up, I wouldn't do it with a Krytac MK2. Start with an Alpha series. Save the 100 bucks for mods.
The stock barrel is very good quality so depending on the brand of the 6.03 barrel might not be an improvement, and what voltage, c, mAh LiPo?

· Registered
52 Posts
The stock barrel is very good quality so depending on the brand of the 6.03 barrel might not be an improvement, and what voltage, c, mAh LiPo?
I went with a prometheus barrel and 1400mah 15-25c 3s battery. Great response and accuracy for a stock MK2. Threw in a prometheus, stock 30k motor and 3s into an Alpha CRB as well. Great for a field that only allows semi and no insane costs.

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
That 1400mah battery....not so good. You paid what about 25-30 for that?

You could have had a 2200mah 25C for 22.00 shipped.

· Registered
52 Posts
My friend wants to turn his krytac into a beast. I was thinking a Gate titan, siegetek dsg, an asg 28 tpa, and r-hop/general hop up tuning. Any suggestions for parts or mods? He has a budget of about 600$
That 1400mah battery....not so good. You paid what about 25-30 for that?

You could have had a 2200mah 25C for 22.00 shipped.
How do you figure it's not so good? It works the way I like it to. Fits where I want it to. Cost less than 10 bucks. Thanks for your...input.

· Premium Member
6,439 Posts
A real airsoft tech will attach an AK stock to his MP5K to house a large li-po brick. :D

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
$10.00 for a 15C 1400mah 3S. That is a good deal.

For 18.00 you could have a 2200mah 25C 3S, which is a far better deal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.