upgrading ak74u

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by KNORMOL, Nov 5, 2012.

1. KNORMOL

KNORMOL New Member

Soesterberg
    Ok i know a ak74u has a short barrel , butt how long can i go for lenght ?
    because of the cilender thing . pardon my english got no spellings check

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You don't need to lengthen the barrel at all if you're doing a normal build or trying to get range. I got my friend's G36C shooting around 200 ft and it has a 200 some millimeter barrel.

Barrel length, in airsoft at least, is not equivelent to longer range. The only time a longer barrel is needed is when you are pushing VERY heavy rounds at high FPS. If not, your stock barrel length is fine.

The optimum length for a full cylinder is 440mm IIRC. I can't remember right now though for some reason. I know for a fact that "40" is the last two numbers. Do you think you could rephrase your question a bit? I'm a bit confused to what you are asking and my above reply is an answer to what I think you are asking.

3. KNORMOL

KNORMOL New Member

Soesterberg
    i wanne install a pr barrel but dont what lenght i can put in , and i wanne install an silencer so the barrel go`s in the silencer .

and i know with the right hopup unit and rubber + pr barrel you can get a great accurate range

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, can you link us to the exact model of gun you have? That way I can tell you how long the inner barrel is. Actually, why don't you just go grab a ruler and measure the barrel on yours and then find a suppressor you like? You would then proceed to add the length of the suppressor onto the length of the innerbarrel and you would have the longest possible length of barrel that could be used without it sticking out of the barrel.

5. KNORMOL

KNORMOL New Member

Soesterberg
    innerbarrel is 290 mm

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, now find a suppressor and add it's length onto that.

7. KNORMOL

KNORMOL New Member

Soesterberg
    i got a silencer already its 200 mm