Upgrading ASGI G4-18

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Maestro2, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Maestro2

Maestro2 Member

Chesapeake
    IM looking to upgrade my g4 sometime in the near future. Right now im thinking of getting a 6.03 madbull black python barrel, a new bucking( not sure what kind to get), a concave hop-up spacer, and some assorted external upgrades. Does anyone have any suggestions for other parts or upgrades

2. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    I have partially upgraded my G4-18, I got rid of the blowback (new cylinder) and removing the blowback parts. Also get an o-ring air nozzle, new motor (lonex A1), and deans. Then reshim, correct AOE, and relube. The hop-up bucking and nub are not really necessary to upgrade, for me anyway.

3. Maestro2

Maestro2 Member

Chesapeake
    Thanks, did you do anything externally that make it stand out? And to disable the blowback, can i just replace the piston or does it require disassembling the blowback mechanism

4. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    As far as externals I didn't do anything significant just accessories. To upgrade anything in the gearbox you have to disassemble the blowback, look up a youtube video (that's what I did). Also, no, the blowback uses air from the cylinder to push back a little piston thing (only name I could really think to call it) that in turn moves the fake bolt. In order to disable the blowback you have to take out the blowback piston thing. You have to change out the cylinder so that you do not have an air leak. I will post pictures tomorrow when I get home from school.