Upgrading innerbarrel

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RawrChad, Oct 14, 2012.

1. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Want to upgrade my inner barrel I have a g&g cm16 raider I will be going from my stock inner barrel to a 6.03,here's where I need help. What Brandon barrel should I get I also want a longer inner barrel and install a longer outerbarrell, what lengths should I get? And A longer inner barrel will increase the range correct?

2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Incorrect.

If you're on a budget grab a Madbull.
    If you have money, grab a Prometheus.

I'll let others chime in on length.

3. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    In airsoft, length is not proportional to range. Most times, when you have a longer barrel, it has more vibration causing more discrepencies in accuracy. Generally, the longest you should go is 509mm.

4. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    If you do pickup a madbull remember to stabilize it. They have a higher tendency to vibrate violently then other barrels. Wish they would make them a lil more heavy duty to where you can't bend and break them with your bare hands.

5. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

What is the ideal length for a Dmr?

6. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 Member

440mm for AEGs IIRC, someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure

7. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

I've heard 455mm is optimal for dmr's and aeg's. I think that that length and the compression of most aegs mesh together well, something along those lines...

8. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Is a g&g cm16 good to use as a Dmr? If I upgraded? I know stock it isn't.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    440mm is where normally hop achieves its maximum output.
    There's only one reasons why you want a longer barrel, if you are pushing a heavier round.
    You also need to increase the air volume of the cylinder if you are pushing a heavier round.