Upgrading my Echo1 Troy MRF-C7. Need help!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by kingtana1, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    I was thinking about upgrading my gun. Is a really good gun but I was thinking about pushing it a little bit more. This is my shopping list:

http://www.echo1parts.com/collectio...max-series-helical-triple-torque-gear-set-300

http://www.echo1parts.com/collections/upgrade-parts/products/super-torque-long-motor

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/374...de-M160-Grade-Spring-for-AEG-500-540-FPS.aspx

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/332...1A1-Thompson-M733-and-M4A1-Commando-AEGs.aspx

Do I need something else?
    Would the rest of the gun hold on good?
    Are all the parts compatible?

Thanks for the help

2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

You can get better parts, and some will be cheaper as well. You could look into some DIY modifications to up the performance a little. If you want to replace everything to make it last longer those probably aren't the parts you want. I would not get a 6.01mm unless you plan on removing it and thoroughly cleaning it after every single use, 6.03 are generally considered better, and its not always about the size, but the quality of the bore. For barrels get Prometheus(Best) or Madbull(If youre on a budget)

How much are you wanting to spend?

3. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    My budget is $200. What can I get for that? I want to have more fps. What do you recommend?

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, I suggest you look through some other build threads. I'm done spoon feeding for the night.

5. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    Many people tend to think that buying a lot parts and slapping them together is "upgrading". I do not like this approach, instead I work with what I have and then if the performance is not up to my expectations, that's when I start buying parts. My point is that, do the DIY first and see how far that will get you. The stock spring should give you at least 400 fps.
    You said you wanted more FPS, but what good is FPS if you have no accuracy? Accuracy is most affected by the consistency of your power output, your hop up, and maybe your barrel. So, get a #14 O-ring for your piston head, wrap teflon tape around your cylinder head and replace the air nozzle with an aftermarket one. You can replace your bucking with a Madbull blue, Systema, Lonex, or something that will give you a better seal. Those mods that I listed will give you consistent FPS,thus increasing your accuracy, and should cost you $15 maximum. If you want range, then flat hop (free if you have an eraser) or R Hop ($17 for the Z-kit) is the way to go, plus heavy bbs (.28s at least), 200' effective range guaranteed if you did everything right. An aftermarket barrel would help a little bit here but I usually don't bother, stock brass barrels work just fine if you're starting.
    While you have your GB open, replace those stock 8mm bearings with solid bushings (SHS are $3.50 a set on ClandestineAirsoft.com) or G&P bearings, or Modify Ceramics (about $30) if you have cash to spare. Then, go ahead and correct your angle of engagement with sorbo ($4) and run the stock piston until it breaks, which should be a while. Do not forget to shim your gears.
    I will let you do the math for the accuracy, range and reliability upgrade that I just listed.

Aaaaand, that's the end of my spoon-feeding of the day, I'm gonna let the others chime in

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Do this, I can help, but until you have some research done I will not.

7. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    Ok I did a some research in the forum and I found another shopping list that seams to be better than mine.

Airsoft shopping list
    (Target FPS 500+)

www.clandestineairsoft.com
    Lonex TITAN A1 long red balanced motor $48.00

www.airsoftatlanta.com
    SHS M150 Spring $12.99
    SHS Bearing Spring Guide (Version 2) $16.99
    Echo1 Silent Piston Head and Cylinder Head (Version 2) $23.99
    SHS M4 Air Nozzle $7.49

www.echo1parts.com
    Max Helical Triple Torque Gear Set (300%) $65.00

TOTAL: $174.46 + Shipping

This is the shopping list! I belive that this one is better, first because is cheaper and more complete. And second, is going to be more durable.

I need to get a lipo battery, right?

P.D. Is clandestineairsoft.com a reliable website?

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Clandestine is the most reliable site you can buy from. Lol. Those echo 1 gears are a waste. Get a set of ZCI or CORE gears. Don't get a silent piston head. They're a waste IMO. Sorbo will quiet down the gun. Get a Lonex POM piston head and use your stock cylinder head. SHS springs have been terribly unreliable lately. The spring ratings are, more often than not, messed up.

9. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    Like Archer said, buy everything from Clandestine. You do not need new gears, the Troy has GE gears already. Replace those awful 8mm bushings though, get some SHS solid bushings, again from Clandestine. Also, keep the piston head, it is lightweight and will last for a long time, just replace the O-ring with a #14 from a hardware store. The Lonex nozzle is $5.50 on Clandestine, get that instead. The spring guide is plastic but has a metal base and has bearings already, keep it. Motor looks good, spring looks good, both can be bought from, you guessed it, Clandestine. Please know that an M150 will put you at 500 fps, I don't know of any field that allows that kind of FPS unless for semi only guns and sniper rifles.
    You do not have to buy a lipo but it's a good idea. Hobbyking.com or hobbypartz.com has good ones for cheap. Get the ones that have the highest mAh and C rating that you can fit in your battery compartment. While you're at it, grab a MOSFET from bludragon ($15) and replace your wiring, also install some Deans or XT60 connectors

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The post above me looks good. I have little expereince with Echo 1 guns so I didn't know which parts to scrap and which to not.

11. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja