URGENT HELP! LPEG stopped working!

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by GoldHawk_Airsoft, Dec 8, 2012.

1. GoldHawk_Airsoft

GoldHawk_Airsoft New Member

I am in a very crappy situation:

My mom and dad won't let me get another airsoft gun, and my only electric gun stopped working today, a crosman dp80, (I know it is a piece of crap.) I'm past my limited 30 day warranty, and I know nothing about the tech stuff of airsoft guns. Here's how it stopped working:

•I was firing the gun, and then when I pulled the trigger, It wouldnt shoot. It shoots with spring power, but not with battery power.

•I then tried charging the battery, and the charger would heat up, but the battery wouldn't.

•Also, when I was shooting, the RoF was consistent, and I don't think the battery was dying.

•When I pull the trigger with the battery in, no noise is made.

ANY HELP ON FIXING IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

2. kevincull

kevincull New Member

Buy a better gun. Don't ask your parents buy one yourself.

3. GoldHawk_Airsoft

I should have asked for reasonable help.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  4. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Sounds like a fuse blew

5. zexalm

zexalm New Member

Albuquque
    Or a bad motor, maybe a bad battery.

6. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Actually that battery might be dead because it didn't heat up idk hard to tell

7. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Finalencounter was a HUGE help last night! I sent him photos of parts and he was able to find out: there was no fuse because the wiring goes to the upper reciever, that the motor could have died (in that case im screwed), the connecters are broken (in that case, solder the wires to the motor connecters), or there is a short in the wiring (in that case, replace the wiring).

Again, I have to thank finalencounter for helping me last night! I really do appreciate it!

8. ajharl

ajharl Member

Lusby
    But honestly get a better gun when you can. Your gun is definitely not skirmish ready.

9. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Well now for some reason it started working again almost a month after I took it apart. Not sure why... The only problem is it only is shooting on full auto, even when it is on semi, but I usually fire in bursts anyways. Im just grateful it is at least functional again.

10. troh1916

troh1916 New Member

No offense but LPEG stands for low power electric gun I would recommend just selling it and get a high performance AEG

11. GoldHawk_Airsoft

*Sigh* Please read the previous posts. it will explain that I cant buy another gun. Thank you

12. troh1916

troh1916 New Member

Is it becuz you want your parents to buy it or they won't let you buy it with your own money becuz you earned the money why should they care what do with?

13. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    The OP specifically stated that buying a new gun was not a option so why would any of you tell him his gun was bad and that he should buy a new one.

14. troh1916

troh1916 New Member

Just speaking truth guy

15. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    Congratulation on "just speaking truth". However, the truth you are speaking is completely irrelevant and unwanted due to the information in the opening post.

16. troh1916

troh1916 New Member

Are you a gay teacher? Jk

17. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    image-2145856218.jpg

That doesn't even make sense and no I just happen to follow the rules which specifically state that proper spelling grammar should be adhered to in your posts.

18. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Working on LPEGs is worthless. You need to undo the screws and see what the inside of the gearbox looks like. Its not your battery. Take some pictures of the gearbox when you get it out. It's simple in LPEGs.

19. troh1916

troh1916 New Member

Why do we have to do that?