UrGirlfriendz Gear & Upgrades Thread- Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by UrGirlfriendz, Aug 15, 2012.

1. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Hello everyone, and thank you all for coming out! This is going to be an on going thread filled with questions I have regarding, you guessed it, gear and upgrades.

Now, to start it off, I need a new pair of Multicam BDUs. I have been looking around and my only real requirements are that the top has to be a combat shirt style, either a Crye Gen2 or Gen3 replica. And for the pants, same thing, Gen2 or Gen3, and padded knees.

Right now, here's what I'm looking at:

Emerson BDUs: http://www.ebairsoft.com/emerson-combat-gen3-shirt-pants-elbow-knee-pads-p-4469.html

Not sure about the quality of this, but I was hoping one of you would have some experience with Emerson or know about them.

TMC BDUs: http://www.ebairsoft.com/gen2-style-tactical-pants-with-p-5924.html

Again, not to sure about the quality, anybody else know? My only problem is there is no shirt, so if someone has a suggestion to a good combat shirt as well.

Oh, and I am 5'7", about 140lbs, so probably size medium for all of this stuff.

If you have any other suggetions, they will all be appreciated, thanks for reading!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    Well I'm not sure what gen they are but soldier city sells bdus for real cheap. Some are good quality and some aren't.

3. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    I have the Emerson combat pants you have listed, and a similar shirt. I am 5'8" and 125 lbs, and I must say, get the smallest they have. If you can't get a small, don't get them. They're excellent quality and the knee pads are great, I absolutely love them. The problem is that they're huge. The smallest size that fits my leg length has a waist so large you'd think it was made for an ogre. I had to fold it over in one area and sew it and reduce the waistband length around 5 inches or so to make it fit. Now I'm not extremely skinny, average build, but the size of those pant waists is ridiculous. The shirt is awesome though, fits good. Again, I recommend the small.

4. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I have that same issue when buying ACUs/BDUs too. Actually any type of pants. I'm the same height only 132 lbs. Sucks living in a country where a lot of peoples' waists are bigger than their leg length IE 36x28.

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Thanks for the replys, everyone. @DarkRiderThe smallest size they have is medium. Did you get yours from a different site, because I could look there as well. Butif worst comes to worst, I could buy the medium and have my Mom sew and hem them.

6. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Dubious double post! Forgot to mention though, I will also be purchasing a Flyye 6094 as well, in either Tan or Khaki, haven't decided on the color yet, I need to talk to my teamates. And any techs reading this, be ready, I will need your help in a few hours.

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Tan is not a colour for pretty much anything but the lower-quality brands like Condor. I'd recommend Khaki with multicam unless your team requires a certain colour tac gear.

8. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Yea, that's my predicament. My team generally uses tan, but I feel like Khaki would look and perform better.

And anyone with teching know how, I will be asking a couple questions once I can get to my desktop.

9. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
  10. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Yes, but it unfortunatly is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for multicam, replica of Crye Percisions Gen2 or 3. I think the Emerson ones are about the cheapest I will find.:( Thanks for the help though, any effort is appreciated.

11. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    IMO, the only thing that looks truly good on MC is more MC, but that's just me. Khaki or Coyote Brown will look okay, but not as good as more MC in my opinion.

Eagerly waiting for the teching stuff :cool:.

12. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Dangit, just realized I said tan in the other posts. I meant Coyote brown guys, sorry.

And now to the tech stuff:

Ok guys, so basically, I am looking to get my gun as reliable as possible, and, in a sense, more realistic. By realistic, I am refering to the ROF. Currently, my G&P is completly stock, but with the M120 motor in it, It gets about 21-22 RPS on a 9.6v 2300 MaH. I would like to know what I have to do to get it down to about 14-16 RPS(Real steal M4 ROF). Will some torque gears and a torque motor do it? If so, I have alink for you guys to see.

EDIT: This new profile picture is really throwing me off. I keep forgeting who I am lol.

13. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Weren't you also going to do a bit of range increase, or are you only downgrading ROF?

14. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Correct, but due to monitary limits, I am saving this for a later date. Plus, it's nearly CQB season for us, so range won't be too much of a factor.

15. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

True. I would just make sure that whatever gears you buy, they are strong enough for a long range build

Edit: the CQB thing is actually a good point. I can do my DMR build over the whole winter while still using my normal gun.

16. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I'm only going with an M120, M130 at the most. And as soon as Archer or someone tells me what I will need, I will start the hunt. I already have my eye on something though...

17. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Oh can't wait. I already know what I want but I'm going to have to make one of these threads to make sure I'm not buying complete crap. But I have to wait until that gun comes, hopefully he actually sends it.

18. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    CALLING ALL TECHS! As you can see in one of my more recent above posts, I need your help. What gears/piston/motor will I need to get 14-16 RPS? I am currently running a 9.6v 2300 MAH battery, completly stock everything, and getting 21-22 RPS. I am working with a G&P M4. Reliability is the main goal here as well. You guys have any suggestions.

19. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Pick up a programmable mosfet that has ROF control abilities. Will be the easiest way to fix things. This will allow you to not be limited to certain parts. You can run triple torque gears and a cruddy motor, don't know why you would do that though.

20. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Thanks DM, I didn't even know they made those! Do you have a link to one? But in any case, my stock G&P motor is crap, so I was looking at either Lonex or SHS torque motors, whats your opinion on those?