Username94's mp7 thread.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Username94, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    So i've been thinking about doing some modifications to my TF mp7. I need some information though.
    First off heres a list:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=35483 only because its $15 for a barrel.
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Nine_...dapter_for_External_Batt_p/58320.htm?CartID=1
    The external battery converter which will go with this:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29455

That is meant to hold my 9.6v 1600mah mini's.

Also I will be putting in a new hopup bucking as well as shimming, and an external suppressor.

This gun normally runs on a 7.2v 500mah battery. Will the 9.6v give me a dangerously high RoF? by dangerously high I mean will things start stripping and breaking because of the RoF?

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Well I dont know about TF internals so I dont know if it will start stripping gears and piston- also you might want to look into an R Hop. I havent put one into my gun but I am really looking into it.

3. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    The internals should be on the same level as the well and tsd versions. I looked up some videos online and some people on youtube say a 9.6v fries your gun however an 8.4v won't. Is that true?

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    I would go on the safe side and say go with a quality 8.4- a 9.6 just might strip something. Did you get the gun used or is it new?

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Used but it is working pretty well.

6. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Okay- I would say if you went with a 9.6 then just be wary.

7. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
  8. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    The biggest limiting factor on the MP7 that you can do nothing about is the motor itself. There are no replacement motors available. I've never pushed mine beyond a 7.4V mini-Lipo.

If you are running anything other than the stock battery, I highly recomend replacing the gears with the steel SHS AEP gears. They are far stronger than the Well gears (Well is the OEM for the TF MP7) and they are relatively inexpensive.

I got mine from Airsoft Panda in Hong Kong. $4 per gear and very reasonable shipping. Took 2 weeks, but was reasonable.

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Because I'm using it as a secondary/ sidearm I'm going to use the stock battery.

At this point all I'll be upgrading is the hopup bucking and barrel. It wouldn't fit in a holster with a peq box so no need for an external battery. just really want to know if the holster is any good. Will it slide around a lot?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Never mind. I decided the holster was too big and bulky. I just ordered a pistol retention lanyard. The draw will be a lot faster and less bulkier.

11. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
  12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    That actually works a lot better than a drop leg. I'm not a fan of drop legs...

I will field the pistol lanyard once and see how I like it, if I don't thats the holster I'm getting.

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Nevermind. I actually just ordered the holster you linked me Sparky. Thanks.

14. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That's a nice holster. Tell me how it performs when you get it please?