Username94's SWCC impression thread.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Username94, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Now that my loadout is finished, its time to start an impression. I will be building this up in the next year or so. I chose SWCC mainly because I love what they do, not only that but their gear would work well in my environment. What good is an impression if its not effective right?

I know I'll need some new woodland bdu's but I can't seem to find any with the the pocket and velcro on the sleeve.

Next I see a MICH 2000 and its "decorations"
    I need some help identifying the PC and such. I know its in Ranger green. Is it a 6094? Thats what my research led me to.
    The app keeps crashing let me see if I can upload some pics.

I also need some help on identifying guns.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City

Attached Files:

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Raid mod your own BDUs, it's not terribly difficult. I'll skip the helmet since I royally suck at them. The PC pictured is a maritime CIRAS in what's probably OD, but could be RG.

4. KosovoPhantom

KosovoPhantom New Member

I believe that the helmet itself is a MICH 2000 with velcro on the tops and sides. I'm not sure about the NVG mount on the front.

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Ok raid mod it is. Good thats cheaper.

So heres the list so far.
    Raid modded m81 woodland BDUS
    Mich 2000 with Velcro and some NVG mount thats TBD.
    It too dark to be OD. It has to be RG. So RG Maritime Ciras.
    Maybe Sopmod m4 according to Glen.

6. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I'm 95% sure they use SOPMOD M4s. I'll get back to you on that soon. An MK18 mod0 will work too. He's defiantly wearing saw teeth for foot wear.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You could go khaki or RG for this one. The shoulder pads he has are khaki. It's definitely a MARCIRAS. Mich 2000 helmet. It appears that his bdu blouse isn't raid modded, but go ahead with that anyway. The helmet has Velcro and a Wilcox G05 arm it appears. Don't quote me on it, but thats what it looks like. Comms are most like MSA Sordins or a pair of comtacs. It's hard to tell with the sides of the helmet.

8. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Answers are bolded and underlines in the quote. Sorry it took me so long, U94. I was at school.

Oh, and by the way, Navy SWCC LOVES their Petzl headlights.
    326700_508314019187830_1089653166_o.jpg

090304-N-8933S-266.jpg

sbt223bee.jpg

swcc-m240s-hires.jpg

swcc-minigun.jpg

swcc-minigun2.jpg

US_Navy_070825-N-9769P-589_Special_Warfare_Combatant-craft_crewmen_(SWCC)_prepare_to_get_underwa.jpg

9. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Grin strikes again!! Sorry, I was brain dead when posting.

10. Grin

Irvine
    That's what I'm here for, broski.

Additionally, you can see a Khaki MARCIRAS in one of the pics I posted. Second to last one, guy facing away from the camera I believe is wearing rockin' da khaki.

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I'm not actually sure that is khaki. The pouch definitely is, but I think the vest is still OD. I have some old BHI OD gear that's gotten that same yellow fade through use and time. I'll see if I can get a shot of it. I'm sure the hard use and real water ops that these guys put their gear through would do it much faster than what my gear went through, too. Not to mention any salt water ops.

12. Grin

Irvine
    You may be right... The lighting plus definite yellowish wear makes it a bit hard to call, though. Maybe we should go on a riverine mission multiple days a week and see how it turns out :p

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Ok so faded OD gear? Now how exactly do I go about that? Should I go swimming in the Hudson river with my gear on? Noo then it will probably come out black lol. That river is nasty.

Now I'm having trouble finding a replica Maritime Ciras. I haven't checked airsoft smith yet though.

Time do some research to see what qualifies an m4 as a Sopmod block 1.5 or 2.

14. Grin

Irvine
    I do believe that the correct manner in which to apply "wear and tear" to equipment is to wear and tear them ;P!

Airsoft Smith, EHobbyAsia, and ShooterCBGear, as usual, should be your primary source of Flyye and Pantac. You know the SOP on this type of stuff.

Research ALL the blocks!

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, shootercb, AirsoftSmith, and Ehobby all have maritime CIRASs, and like have OD in stock because nobody buys OD.

16. Grin

Irvine
    Haha might want to update U94 on that, I'm pretty sure his 6094 is still spitting in your face :p!

Seriously, though, I comstantly see OD in stock because it's nowhere near as popular as Khaki and the Coyote family.

17. Grin

Irvine
  18. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
  19. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Ok good. Now they only have a small and an XL in stock. I'm about 6'3 240 pounds would the XL be too big?