Usmc imtv

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by ACIDEEL177, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I'm looking to get a new vest and I thought I'd like to get something similar to a USMC IMTV. but I'm way to cheap to buy a real one. Does anyone know of a cheap alternative? I know Evike carries one like it.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor

3. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Evike has something similar, it's called high speed airsoft vest there's more to it but I don't remember. But thanks thats exactly what I'm looking for but not that price:p and other question, would MARPAT and OD pouches look okay on a coyote vest?

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
  5. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

That is the vest I'm considering, but I asked about the colors because that's the pouches I have now and I'm not looking to change those. I'd like Marine Corps gear because that's what I based my load out on. But it doesn't have to be exact. Thanks for the help though:)

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Do yourself a huge favor and don't buy that vest. Everything about it is terrible. The material, the construction, the design, it's really really bad. Like, beyond bad. Those Matrix vests are some of the worst gear on the market. If you want a Marine kit, you could do the basic framework of a Marine Force Recon kit for relatively cheap with an MBSS or RRV. Links:

MBSS:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=695

RRV:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=712

Again, both in Coyote Brown.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I fixed the second link for ya, Knief.

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    My [ctrl]+[c] must have misfired. My bad on that one.

9. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I'm honestly liking the second one and it's in My price range. Its the look I'm going for too! Thanks for helping me save money and maybe disappointment:D

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Not a problem. I own that vest and it's great. It's light weight, low profile, the bib folds down so you're left with a chest rig, and it has a lot of space for what it is.

11. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

It looks pretty good but doesn't condor make something like exactly the same?

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, and it's made poorly. Look, we go through this same explanation with everybody trying to buy their first real vest. Just give us the benefit of the doubt here. Condor makes bad gear for a number of reasons. FLYYE makes much better gear. Buy the FLYYE version.

13. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Alright I'm not gonna fight you. I'll look into flyye gear.