USP Mag

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by rblevinski, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    About a month ago I found a USP magazine at my field and asked if anyone had lost one, they all denied. I then asked if anyone had reported one missing. No one had. They said I could keep the mag, my friend has a USP and I was wondering of there was any way to specifically clean this magazine .

Attached Files:

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Take it all apart. I don't know how to take down that mag specifically, but the first step is usually removing the base plate by pressing on that little pin forward of the valve (use a hex wrench or a small punch) and slide the base plate off forward. The spring and follower will probably fly out. Catch them. Magazines come in one of two types. Either there's an external shell that covers the internal gas reservoir, or the outer shell is the gas reservoir. If it's the former, you'll have to look for a way to slide the shell off of the reservoir. There's usually a pin or two that have to be removed. In either case, the next step will be to remove the valves. Both should unscrew, though the release valve may require a valve key or some creativity if the plunger doesn't depress far enough for you to get a flat head screw driver in the provided slots.

Once you have it apart, wash everything in warm soapy water (use Q-tips sparingly, but when necessary. They can leave a lot of cotton around) and be sure to dry it all off thoroughly. If you've got water in the reservoir, the opening for the release valve should be large enough for you to blow dry the inside of it. Reassemble, lubricate the valves, put some teflon tape on the valve stems and you should be good to go.

3. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    Thanks, I got as far as taking the base plate off, nothing followed. I can't use my right hand right now, so I'll have my dad help me get the pin out when he gets home. Once, again thanks for the help, I'll keep you updated.

4. SO_CAL_PUNISHER

SO_CAL_PUNISHER New Member

Did you ever get it apart? Updates please!! Let me know if you need help I know the UPS mags pretty well.

5. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    I've been stacked with school work lately, and my dads at work a lot. It's kinda hard to pop those pins out with one hand.