Utg l96 vs Tm Vsr-10 G-Spec

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by motokid58, Nov 8, 2012.

1. motokid58

motokid58 New Member

friendsville
    Im so confused on which one i want to buy. What do you think would be better? i am going to be putting about 300 in upgrades. and vsr 10s are extremly rare to find. and if you do its from another country and its like 100 dollar shipping. so with upgrades would the utg l96 be just as good? or even the Tokyo Marui MK96 would it be better than the utg or vsr g spec? help....

2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

3. motokid58

motokid58 New Member

friendsville
    thats a jg? not a tm?

4. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

It is a TM clone, same gun, different company. Completely upgradeable with the same parts.

5. motokid58

motokid58 New Member

friendsville
    but it has different parts doesnt it?

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

No, it is a clone. It takes the same upgrade parts, its just made by a different company. It is also cheaper.

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Yes it takes the same parts but its stock internal parts are not of the same quality of the TM.

8. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

He or she is planning on upgrading, has a decent budget for it too. So either is a good choice.

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Ya, I agree with you. And in this case I would take the JG and have more money for upgrades. But the way your post was written it sounds like your saying the TM and JG's stock internals are the same, as in same quality too, which they aren't. I was just clearing that up.

10. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

oh, no. Not even close most likely. Stock, TM will outperform, but with upgrades, you'll get the same performance.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    UTG L96.....period.....

Always put APS/APS-2 rifles before VSR.

12. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Since you did not state why, then I will ask... why put one before the other?

I like both platforms, and prefer none over the other... maybe there is something I am missing.

EDIT: The more I think about, the more I realised why I might choose APS-2 platform over a VSR platform... the APS-2 comes standard with a zero trigger... I will admit, that I do prefer the APS-2 trigger system over the VSR.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Stated this too many times to do this all over again, research.
    Said the same crap on ASF before too.

14. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

You made the statement, you should take the time to back it up. If it is too much trouble to back it up, then don't post as you are wasting your time and ours, and it is not helpful to the thread.

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Ferrari 458 will outperform Mitsu Evo 10 on the track.
    I don't think I need to back that up.

And again, I've already backed it up.
    If you are that lazy to not do the research, oh well, too bad, I'm not here to spoonfeed you.

And once again, if you want to know, it's the weapon of choice for 2J30M.

BTW, it is helpful, especially when it's coming from someone who has tons of experiences with both rifles instead of someone who just loves the M28.
    Now people will think more about APS/APS-2 instead of the VSR.

What is realised?
    APS-2 does not come with z-trig...if it does...there's no point for PDI and Laylax to make aftermarket triggers....
    It does come with something that VSR doesn't have....

16. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Then I shall sppon feed you; you are a brilliant airsoft tech, I have researched that... the problem is, is that you know it... Your postings are of little help anymore... You label people, or you call them names when they disagree with you. You do your best to belittle posters to make yourself look smarter by trying to make them look dumber... that crap don't fly with me. I can see right through EDI 1st, you are an internet bully and that makes you nothing more than a jerk (PERIOD!).

You know so much about airsoft, it truly amazes me, but you lose all respect when you start to type... too bad you are not a bigger role model, lord knows you have the knowledge.

We will not tangle again, rest assured... Let's see what your brilliant retort will be... I'm sure all of your "fanboyz" will be all too impressed with your slight words of wisdom.

To the original poster; I apollogise for airing on here, it detracts from your original thread... I will not derail any further.

17. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I don't see how that posting was helpful at all.

Stop acting so arrogantly and demand things from people.
    Do some research, pretty sure you didn't search hard enough.

Name calling? I didn't call you any names right here.
    You just called me a jerk, good job.

Role model? I'm a tech who builds guns and knows guns, and also an airsofter and a precision shooter, nothing more than that.
    I'm not the president nor the admin.

I honestly have no clue what you were referring to since neither the APS/APS-2 nor the VSR comes with Z-trig or some kind of low pressure trigger unit.

APS-2 vs VSR?
    Well, I guess you have to feed a baby when it's hungry and starts to cry.

APS-2 comes with 90 degree trigger unit instead of VSR's 45.
    It's much harder for the piston sear to wear down and for the piston to slip with the 90 degree trigger unit.

Aftermarket one piece receiver/barrel available.

Higher consistency compared to stock VSR.

Oh and, also, here's the scoring from a shooting competition not long ago in Taiwain.
    [​IMG]

It is absolutely amazing on how a logical reply can make people mad.

Now speaking of jokes and unrelated posts, let's hope that your rockets don't go ballistic like your temper, aka explode.

apollogise?
    I apologize for your inability to spell properly...

18. motokid58

motokid58 New Member

friendsville
    wow, im so confused now. im guessing ill go with the utg? since you say the trigger is better.

19. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yes, go with the UTG L96.