Utg l96

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Protectionperfection, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Before you all say anything, I searched and found alot of good and helpful upgrade guides. I will use those but before I do, i need to get replacement parts.
    I was given a UTG L96 by a friend with a broken bolt. I am trying to find a replacement bolt or upgrade for it and I cant seem to find one.

I am not big on sniping but I figured its free so Ill throw a little money at it here and there and build it for fun.

As far as the bolt goes, Evike and ASGI dont have any in stock and I cant find them elsewhere. Is there an upgraded bolt or a factory replacement bolt that you can link me to?

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    How much are you looking to spend? The reason I ask is it may be cheaper to just buy another broken L96 to fix it. IIRC when I went looking for a spare bolt they are like $40 for the whole cylinder. But you can often find L96s for $60 shipped. Just a thought...

3. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    well all i need is the bolt assembly so if thats 40 id rather just buy that...

4. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
  5. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Ill have to take a closer look but ti think I need both... thats why I was looking for a set

6. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
  7. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I actually read your L96 thread so that was in my upgrade ideas
    is the UTG a TM clone?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  8. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
  9. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I believe that barrel is wrong for that hop up. IIRC that hop up uses AEG barrels. Everything else looked fine, but I would personally look into a PDI Vtrigger. I had one and it was super nice.

10. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    If you click it, it goes to the gift cards for some reason.

But if you copy and paste the link, it goes to the product.

11. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Just a btw on barrel spacers. I never understood the point of them. In buying them that is. When there are way better ways to get them where they will be more snug. Yes it will make them so they never come off your inner barrel. But why would you need them too?