Various Fallout game discussion (New Vegas and 3, mostly)

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by GRSteelers, Nov 2, 2012.

1. GRSteelers

GRSteelers New Member

Schenectady
    Let's go, there should be a few Fallout players on here.

2. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    I love the Fallout series, my favorite is Fallout 3 because of the story line and the add ons.

3. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I agree, I think Fallout 3 was the best. It had excellent DLC, a good storyline, and a very interesting map. Fallout New Vegas was quite a disappointment for me though. It felt like the story was a bit dry, and I found the dlc to be a major let down. The Mohave Wasteland felt very boring too. I really miss Fallout.

4. GRSteelers

GRSteelers New Member

Schenectady
    I agree that FO:3 was the best, including the DLCs.
    However, if you have New Vegas AND all DLCs, it is unlievbievable. The GRA weapons are great, the other story add-ons give you up to 50 levels, and they allow for less boring game play that also lasts much longer. Check out the fallout wiki, it has everything
    fallout.wikia.com
    It even has news about the upcoming Fallout 4, which may be on the same engine as Dishonored (Unreal Engine 3) which would mean no more freezing, and it should be better than 3 because it is also follows the same story AND it is by Bethesda.

5. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Fallout on PC nuff said.

6. GRSteelers

GRSteelers New Member

Schenectady
    Which fallout, the original? I assume you meant 3, but I can't be sure.
    I have both 3 and NV on PC and PS3, and on PC its pretty fun to mod the **** out of the game (including changing your carry weight to 4mil pounds) and make weapons in the GECK.
    I've made a plasma rifle that is fully automatic that is based on the battle rifle in New Vegas that explodes with plasma. It's got infinite range and fires 8 projectiles, does 50 damage per shot, I don't even know how many damage per second. It's fire rate is unbelievable. I've also made a Plasma Caster that fired 3 shots at once, a grenade machine gun with all ammo types, etc.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  7. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    About time someone made this thread . :)

In my opinion I really liked New Vega, 3 was to gray.

8. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I am hoping and praying Fallout 4 comes out late next year or early 2014. I think Obsidian ruined NV. Bethesda, amazing graphics, (probably) in Boston, will be great.

9. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Does anyone think they will include coop in Fallout 4? I hope they do. Maybe you could invite 3 other friends to your save/world.

10. GRSteelers

GRSteelers New Member

Schenectady
    Probably not, since it is supposed to be a continuation of 1,2,&3, meaning you could be the lone wanderer again or just another vault pansy

11. SierraFiveNine

SierraFiveNine New Member

Chi-Town
    I want a harder hardcore mode. In NV it was too easy and unless you had fallout 3 for the pc you couldnt mod the hell out of it to challenge yourself.

12. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Yea NV was too easy. All of the guns, even the crappy ones, were worth alot of money, and it was very easy to get cash.

13. GRSteelers

GRSteelers New Member

Schenectady
    Although it was easy, I must say it was fun to play through NV a few times with different factions/karma, especially choosing where to launch the nukes in the lonesome road

14. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

What if they took something like Bioshock and combined it with Fallout? Yay or nay?

15. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Dishonored had elements from both those games.

16. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Talk of fallout eh? I'll join in since I've played since fallout 2. Since you guys are talking about the upcoming 4 i'll give you guys some details i found after some digging. Bethesda is currently using Boston MIT students to survey the entire City and Its surroundings up to a few miles and load it into a computer program. This program is going to be ran through the simulation of the whole fallout storyline( U.S. and china goto war through Canada and everyone gets nuked etc..), so the map is going to be more realistic than any other fallout as its going to be in exact scale down to the street lights. After its ran through the simulation of the bombing and what not, its going to be transfered into the game engine and loaded with players, quests, and all the fallout goodies we love so much, like secret weapons and easter eggs. Now that dishonored is out and bethesda is finished and handed over the Elder Scrolls Online over to Zenimax Online studios, the Fallout 4 is next in line.

17. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

We need more people like this! Haha. I can't wait for Fallout 4, going to be a blast. I just really hope it's on par, or better than 3. Either would be fine. I wish they would add some more stealth elements (silent takedown, able to suppress and customize much more weapons, etc. I really liked how you could have different types of ammo in NV, that was quite accurate too. Such as .223 ammo is less damaging compared to 5.56 NATO. And slug rounds for shotguns were cool, too. I just wish the weapon customization was more in depth. I would love something like ACOG sights, red dot, scopes, suppressors, gun slings (reduce weight, maybe. And another cool thing would be to make those accessories interchangeable between different guns. I would also like to see some real world guns, such as AK47, M16, M14, M4, P90, M249, things like that. They could also work their way around the copyright issue by just adding something like M249F, M16F, G36F. F being for Fallout, of course. I do trust Bethesda knows how to make a great Fallout game, so I'm comfortable leaving this game in the hands of them.

18. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    I for one would not like to see real world guns ingame. It takes the creativity out of the game. The AR in NV was basically a AR15 with a wood kit. Accessories being interchangeable and adding suppressors to every gun would make sort of bleh and not unique weapons. At later levels I still ran certain guns just due to the unique accessories.

19. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Best Gun hands down was the Anti-Material Rifle. I used this gun, and this gun alone to take down the death claw nest at Sloan in NV. It also has claimed all the lives of all the labodamites in Old World Blues, raiders in the Lonely Hearts(i think) dlc, basically everyone in the game has died either by the cold steel of the AM rifle, or the tesla beaton prototype.

20. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Anti Materiel rifle was great, but I thought it just felt over the top for a "difficult survival game". I wish there was a mode, where ammo was hard to find, health was lower, had to eat/drink, and enemies harder. I just enjoyed the survival game F3 was, not how NV felt like all you were doing is getting rich, and killing things with ridiculous weapons.