Vega Force Company

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ComputerMan, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Overall how good is VFC's M4s?

How compatable are they to upgrades?

What needs to be replaced?

This versus the G&P Moe Carbine (long), what would you buy?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    This topic has been beaten to death. Lol. VFC M4s are great, but their weakness is their pistons. 100% compatible internally, externally the bodies are proprietary (the upper and lower receiver). It's not like you'd replace those, anyways. The self shimming gears if you want, but it's fine. I'd buy a VFC over a G&P anyday. That working bolt catch takes the cake.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    as said above the piston and if your really rough on them, the wires, are weak points for VFC. Their hopups are proprietary as well but you can make a standard fit with minor modification.
    The self shimming gears are great if you plan on keeping the gun stock but if you upgrade parts, replace the autoshimming unit with a fixed unit and do a standard shim job.
    Their performance is amazing out of the box and honestly dont require upgrades for most play styles.
    VFC and G&P are the two top brands out there so you wont go wrong either way

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The hop ups aren't proprietary o_O. Every single hop up I've used fit in my VFC just fine with zero modifications.

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    ^

I've replaced several VFC m4 hop up units, they are not proprietary.

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    then that has changed since last year because the Combat Master wouldnt fit the standard Madbull hopup without slight grinding on the tabs (it was too tight and wouldnt move with the spring)
    or maybe it was just the Combat Master?

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Madbull hop ups are a waste. Lol. They need modification to fit into anything and work correctly. I have used DBOYS, Lonex, SHS, and CA chambers and they all work and fit fine.

8. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    It was the Madbull chamber, they are known to have issues fitting into other guns, exactly as archer said. Vfc is fine, and will take most aftermarket hop up units.

9. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Well thanks for that info, ill pass that along to my friend who owns the Combat Master. I have only run VFC SCARs which are def proprietary haha

10. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

How about the barrel?

Bucking?

I am still looking at this or the Moe posted before

Do they sell a Moe vfc?

My phone can't get to airsoft sites so I can't check :b

11. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I don't know about if they sell it still or not, but the barrel and bucking are both standard.

12. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    In all the VFC's I've looked at I've never found one with magpul moe furniture, but I can try to find it, I'll edit my post if I do.