ver. 3 spur gear help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by corose42, Aug 2, 2012.

1. corose42

corose42 New Member

oak harbor
    So im kind of an idiot. A little story to help explain everything... So im a pretty mechanical guy and normally can put anything back together that I take apart. So I get my first airsoft gun about a week ago and read that they are normally way over greased with a chinnese garbage grease (cyma cm045a aka aks74u). So I watch a video of dissasembly and reasembly, and now im ready to go. Well suprise suprise the spring shoots out and some things go flying. Find all of the peices and lube it up right and put it all back together or so I thought. Put my battery in and full auto works just fine but semi will shoot only one shot every once in awhile and will go full auto as well. Take the gearbox back apart and realized that I wasnt paying close attention and didnt put the anti-reversal latch in right. Instead of putting towards the bottom of the bevel gear so it will make sure nothing reverses I put it inbetween the bevel and spur gear. Needless to say I am now missing a tooth on my spur gear where it meets the sector gear. So I was wanting to go to my airsoft field not this weekend but the following weekend to finally get out and have some fun but I now have this one missing tooth on the spur gear. Against my better judgment I did put it all back together and fire a couple of rounds and everything seems to be working but for how long? Is this something I should wait until it doesnt work anymore then replace or just go ahead and replace all the gears now? Ive been looking for just a spur gear but no such luck so far. Im not positive but pretty sure that cyma ver.3 gear boxes are standard 18:1 right? Also would anyone happen to have an extra spur gear laying around they don't want and would like to donate to the idiot foundation?

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wait, haven't you already asked about this?

3. corose42

corose42 New Member

oak harbor
    I posted bout this on airsoftforum.com didnt get a long of responses on it so was looking for some more here. Sorry if this is like double posting not trying to be a nuisance.