Version 3 gearbox issues

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by likeaboz2002, Feb 5, 2017.

1. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    So I used my JG SIG 552 for the first time yesterday (it has a version 3 gearbox). Since I was playing CQB, I was restricted to using semi for all of the games except for one. I found that when I pulled the trigger faster than 3-4rps, the trigger would stop doing anything and just make a clicking noise. When I switched it to full and shot a few rounds and then went back to semi, the problem was fixed, until I pulled the trigger too fast. When I was allowed to shoot full auto, I had no issues whatsoever. I also changed the battery and still had the issue. At the end of the day, my friend was describing the same issue with his rented combat machine. Any ideas/possible fixes?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Semi auto lockup. Common issue. Higher voltage battery to cycle quicker helps a bit. Just flip to fa, clear it and go on. (The cut off lever holds the trigger shuttle funny and the trigger skips off of it instead of pushing shuttle. In fa, the cutoff lever is lifted out of the way bypassing its function)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017

3. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    so my only solution would be to get a higher voltage battery?

4. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Or a stronger motor. What battery are you using currently, out of curiosity?

5. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    i'm using the stock 8.4v battery, but the issue persisted when I switched to a borrowed 8.4v (think it was from tenergy)

6. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Even going to a little 9.6v 1600mah might help you out.

7. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Yeah, definitely upgrade the battery.

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Even heavily upgraded AEG's encounter this issue, it's because an AEG gearbox isn't infinitely quick and there's a limit to how rapid it can shoot in semi auto. You can upgrade it to the point where it cycles faster than you can pull the trigger, but the limit is still there, it's just fast enough to not jam. This will require an SSG setup with very low gear ratio or a DSG setup with a very strong motor and a high voltage high output battery