Version 7 gearbox

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by UsMc-alltheway, Sep 14, 2012.

1. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    Hayden here, I wanted to make a thread all about v7 gearboxes as there is not one. Seeing as I know almost nothing on them I wanted other more experienced people to give their input.

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

They suck to open.....

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Do you have any particularly specific questions or is this just a very general thread? If you're thinking about doing Version 7 gearbox work, you're better of searching the thread for the related gun, instead of making a broad general thread.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, what do you want to know about them? I have a Cyma v7 and TM v7 to compare for you;).

5. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Hm you're very right. Im wanting to know about a Cyma m14 v7 gearbox.

6. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Look at my post then, lol.

7. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Haha I was hoping for just a tad but more detail;) so archer could you explain things to me?

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'll try my best :). So first things first, the air nozzles they have are proprietary. Supposedly they take an M4 length nozzle. I have yet to test this. The gearbox shells are strong. The cylinder is a wee bit shorter than on a normal gearbox. The wiring is all external. It has a motor cage. The safety is mechanical AND electrical. The safety, fire selector parts, and trigger mech are all on the outside. It takes special gears (V1 sector iirc?). There are MILLIONS of screws. Lol.

One last thing not pertaining to the gearbox itself is the barrel and bucking. The place where the barrel clip attaches is closer to the window than on a normal barrel. The bucking also needs to be ~2mm shorter.

9. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Thank you archer! While I won't be doing the work(a tech will) i want to get comfortable with my gun in case something breaks and i need to fix it.

10. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I'm not 100% sure, but L5312 told me that the V1 spur is the same as a V7 while the V1 bevel and sector are V2/3.

But, if you are looking to replace gears in a V7, just try to find a set of Riot V7s or buy Prometheus V7 gears.

11. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I love them, I love M14's. They are strong, and for me, easier to work on than v2/v3. I will take a v7 anyday. All the wiring is external, which I love. The only other gearbox design that comes close to it as my favorite would be the v6, and it is very similar.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    V7 sector is not the same as a V2/V3.