Very new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steven Smith, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    Still haven't bought a gun yet not sure where to even look for one. Looking online but everybody says to try and find a shop. Don't even know where to play at trying to get my buddies talked into buying some guns and maybe play it somebody's house or something out back.

JHat and aotsukisho like this.
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Your budget will dictate where you should get an Airsoft gun from.

What is your budget for "everything" - Airsoft Gun, Mask, bbs, gear...etc.

3. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Just remember to tell your neighbors before you play. You don't want a Karen ruining the fun. I used to play at my buddies woods before I went to public fields.

Post here what your thinking on buying before ya do and most of us can guide you away from trashy products that will break on you.

Good luck and welcome to the sport

Steven Smith likes this.
  4. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    I want quality over cheap. I'd rather buy it once and spend more on it than have to buy something cheap and it break or fail and have to buy it again. Right now I'm leaning toward a electric rifle AK-47 or m4 and then some kind of CO2 pistol any suggestions?

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Well,

It's nice you see you want to buy once and in quality. But a platform alone does not mean quality and CO2 is definitely a low quality product. Nothing of any durability or performance is found commonly in a CO2 gun.

CO2 is expensive
    Cools down too fast, leads to inconsistency.
    Impractical - On a half used jet, do I go into the next round and suffer from weak shots near the end or do I waste 1/2 a jet now and put in a fresh jet. High pressure breaks gun and mags...dirty jets causes leaks...

What is your budget, from there, we can say if you can step into "quality" items right off the bat or you may have to go "used" quality.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Steven Smith likes this.
  6. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    I was thinking like 3 to 500 for a pistol 5 to 800 for a rifle. I still need to do a lot more research but any advice is always appreciated thanks.

7. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

There's also the topic of going mainstream or going with untraditional guns.

A m4 aeg with a hicapa pistol (sti 2011) will last you 5 to 10 years of constant play if you keep them maintained with parts.

But a proprietary aeg or gbb rifle will be done in a few years when something breaks that can't be fixed.

Kwa and krytac make pretty good aegs out of the box. Kwa tho are less compatible with some internal parts, but are pretty nice. Some of the non-m4 krytacs have proprietary bodies and gearboxes.

There are a lot of aks out there. You get what you pay for when it's a ak.

As for glocks, there are many different oems and clones around. Tokyo marui/we/aw and Umarex being its own spec. Most of them need a better slide right out of the box.

Just be aware 70% of airsoft guns are absolutely garbage.

Steven Smith likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Wow, big budget. You could run nice pistols or get rare pistols even.

Now...you need to pick your platform of choice.

9. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Even though you may have trouble finding a good quality pistol (I would recommend green gas), $300-500 is a little overkill, as is $500-800 for a rifle unless you are looking for an hpa system. A good aeg can be found for around $400-500.
    A word of wisdom though, generally stay away from aeg "starter packages". Although it is nice to get everything at once, the batteries are trash and the rifle usually isn't much good either.

JHat and Steven Smith like this.
  10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    ^That.

Starter packages is meant to be convenient and it's a marketing ploy to make you "think" you are getting a good deal.

Steven Smith and OutlawAirsoft like this.
  11. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    Everyone thank you all for the advice. Much needed and greatly appreciated.