Vest brand?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by HeavySupport314, Sep 26, 2012.

1. HeavySupport314

HeavySupport314 New Member

I have a diamond tactical vest and I find myself yelping and taking shots in exposed areas that should be covered like up to the collar bone protection, I've heard MOLLE vests are awesome but they are WELL out of my budget. Ah recommended vests/brands? (Please include brands if possible) Thank you!

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    What's your budget look like? People have different opinions on what is cheap.

3. HeavySupport314

Well, I don't make much intact I live where I work (not my mothers house, offices of small company) so that's about $20 a week. As shameful as it is.

4. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I suggest that you just wait a few weeks, and work a little more. Then come back around $100.

5. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I suggest you man up a bit, in all honesty. Most people who have vests use them for storage. If you are going to get a vest, though, which I DO recommend, you should look into Flyye stuff, it's pretty good quality.

Of course, as you say you don't make too much money, may I ask what you are doing, as I would assume that you could probably spend money on better things than a new vest.

May I ask what exactly you are doing for work?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. HeavySupport314

As sad as this is I'm the repair/ matinance/lawn care guy the reason I don't make a lot is because I live there two which cleans my paycheck and I play air soft in order to get a rough feel for the military since I would rather be serving my country than sitting in some poorly lit hole. So short story is I need something close to the real thing not some dainty webbing and pockets with holster and zipper.

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    This is about the only thing you can do if you want good gear.

8. HeavySupport314

Y'know I really do appreciate this guys and I do have condor knee and elbow pads, a diamond tactical leg holster, and a RICO riot helmet with something 610 goggles, and a vest my is of an unknown brand. I also use steel toe boots and everything is black because I mostly play at night. Not to mention I applied for a twenty five dollar raise for 24/7 security with weekends off. So that should help.

9. Dandigr

Dandigr New Member

45$ vest on Evike.com
    I belive it's called matrix

10. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    No just no. For your price range it would go Flyye/Pantac>TMC/other Chinese rigs>Condor/OETech/Voodoo

11. Dandigr

Dandigr New Member

I don't know I like the Vest it was cheap and has been working great

12. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    The molle webbing on matrix vests is terrible. luckily the molle on my matrix rrv isn't that bad to prohibit my pouch placement (i think there's like 2 wonky strips) but on my friend's matrix wasatch, the molle is so horrible that we had to place his admin pouch on the bottom right of the vest lol - and even then it was a hassle to weave correctly. and if you're worried about protecting your neck (like the wu-tang clan) then i'd suggest you try a shemagh

13. Dandigr

Dandigr New Member

I know it's not the best but it is pretty good for a 45$ vest

14. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    That's the attitude we're trying to kill, Dandigrz. You buy a 45$ vest I wouldn't spend 5$ on, then another to replace it when it breaks in two games, then another, then another. At that rate, just buy a Pantac or Flyye that will last maybe your entire airsoft career and pay around 120$ in all.

Buy once, cry once.

15. Dandigr

Dandigr New Member

I personally have had no problems so far

16. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    You're an exception rather than the proverbial rule.