Vest

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Sharp, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I know these kind of threads are getting kinda redundant, I'd like to apologize for adding to the heaping pile of them, but everyone's gear situation I guess is different and it'd be kinda hard for me to get any more information than I've already got without a more personal touch. I've never been much of a geardo at all since I've played airsoft. I've always been able to get away with a belt rig or some knockoff stuff. As of late though, I've been doing a lot more OPs and think it's time for an upgrade. I kinda have an idea of what I want, but knowing people like Knief, there's probably always a better option. The main things I want when it comes to a vest:

-$150 or so budget, pretty flexible, but cheaper the better
    -Preferably in CB/Tan/etc.
    -I'd rather not go a chest rig route, as I like having some MOLLE on my back
    -I'm all about speed so I don't want to buy some big carrier that slows me down
    -I'm a small guy, 5' 4", waist is 32", chest is 33"

I've been looking at Flyye stuff off ShooterCBGear since that appears to be the go to place now for gear here. I've also tried airsoftsmith for Pantac stuff but dat website layout is a PITA so I haven't delved much into there.

I've been leaning towards those TMC/James/ACM JPC replicas (I like the size, and they're pretty cheap even when I pick out more pouches for it) but I've heard mixed things about those brands.

I've also been looking at something like this. or a Flyye MBSS since I had the Condor and liked it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Well this is an opinion, I'm like you I like having MOLLE space on my back. So I went with a MOLLE load bearing vest it was like only 40 bucks and they come in every color you can think of. The vest I got was like some knock off brand but it works great! I got it from amazon so you can try there. Just a suggestion:)

3. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
  4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    OP get the first one. You will probably want to have some Molle on your sides and I believe they fit better then the MBSS. And that is a a good deal :).

5. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I've suggested this to a few people now, but for good reasons. I run this vest and it works amazingly. Great price, very comfortable and snug so it doesn't bounce up and down. Also has plenty of Molle space, but isn't overly large. It doesn't come with any pouches though, so you'll have to purchase all of your own. Its also very durable and has yet to snag or rip yet. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. Its a legitimate plate carrier vest. Check it out!

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=17726&tabid=1

You can check out similar vests also at the link I posted below

http://www.uscav.com/category.aspx?catid=2776&tabid=1

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Only problem I have with Condor is I have held one of their RRVs and owned one of their MBSS and I hated the MBSS and the quality compared to my Flyye RVV was very noticeable. Now I cannot say all Condor rigs are bad but I am just going by my experience with their other products.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Sniperfifer,

If you can wait I can help you out Monday. As for Airsoftsmith, their site is pretty simple. Click the Shop Online tab, scroll about two page lengths down and click "Vests" in the left side menu. You get two pages of mostly Pantac vests. You can sort by brands using the drop down menu to the top right and get the Condor crap out of there. Then just thumb through the Pantac stuff.

8. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Condor crap!? :(. I've been using it for years and I've never been troubled. It makes me sad to hear you say these things, Knief..

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Then you don't know Knief. He shall never recommend Condor. Always Flyye, and above.

10. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Get use to it, because he'll shoot down anyone who suggests Condor, EO Tech, Voodoo or Matrix.

11. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I got to be honest, I've never heard of Flyye, but after looking them up i'm impressed. How come their website doesn't have prices?

12. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Alright thanks for the help guys, so I guess no MBSS then, I totally forgot about the lack of side MOLLE, which is a major turnoff. Searching AirsoftSmith, I really couldn't find much in my price range that impressed me, so I guess I'm likely going to go with my first link.

If anyone also has some input on those JPCs, that'd be appreciated as well. I'm also curious to how a LT6094 would fit (like this one) on someone as small as me.

13. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Because Flyye is not a dealer. They make the product. That's more like a catalogue. Check out ShooterCBGear.com for Flyye.

You can tell the difference from good brands, and bad brands if they make their own gear (Condor and the MOPC), or if they make replica (Flyye and CIRAS).

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It sounds like the JPC would be up your alley. The TMC is the only repro version around, which is a shame because TMC ain't that great. If you want a higher quality vest, your two best options are the FLYYE or Pantac 6094 or FAPC gen 2. Both are small, light weight vests with cummerbunds. Both will be a bit heavier than the JPC, but a good deal lighter than any other PC out there in your price range. Going with FLYYE or Pantac will ensure quality and durability from the get go.

FAPC:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=680

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=3173

6094:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=673

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=2986

Remember, the Pantac gear is priced higher because it's already been shipped to America. It's often about the same cost or cheaper to get Pantac shipped to your door. That always depends on the item and all that, just make sure to compare the two options.

This isn't always true. Condor also makes replicas of the Weesatch, MBSS and RRV, to name a few. There's no hard and fast rule to recognizing which repro companies are good and which aren't if you're not familiar with them. The easiest way to know is this: Pantac and FLYYE are currently the only two repro companies that make anything worth a damn. Everybody else pretty much sucks.

15. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha

The Pantac 6094 definitely seems up my alley. I didn't know AirsoftSmith was in the US, definitely makes a lot more sense now (plus they have free shipping over $135 :D). Thanks for the help Knief.

16. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I must disagree with you for once, Knief. I initially agreed that Pantac and Flyye were the only repro companies worth 5$, but as I said in the loadout picture thread, I got my hands on a LOT of Toy Soldier gear over the weekend and I was VERY impressed. Of course, they're generally much more expensive than Flyye and Pantac. Hell, their 6094A in AOR1 (real AOR1, I checked it against real LBT stuff) goes for 500$ with a pouch set.

Then go for it, bro!

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You know, I'm still stuck on Toy Soldiers radios and head sets that never work right. I don't have a lot of experience with their nylon, so I don't frequently offer them up as an option. To me, they're still and electronics and nick-knack company with a spotty product line. Care to start a thread and give us a run-down on what you got your hands of and how it compares to similar high end repro products?

18. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Once I get home from school today I'll post up a thread and give a rundown of everything I got my hands on.

That'll be about noon my time.

19. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Flyye FAPC is pretty similar to the MBSS. And you can add side molle if wanted.