VFC 416 or KWA SR7?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RyantheChimp, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    So after hearing good things about the 416 and my good knowledge of the SR7, Ive come to the conclusion that I should get one of these guns. What do u guys think?

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    VFC 416, no questions asked.

Oh, and U isn't an acceptable replacement for you.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    VFC. KWAs aren't all that great for the price.

4. Napple

Napple New Member

416. Better performance and a little bit more unique.

5. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Definitely the 416. I have only heard good things about it.

6. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Even though I'm one of the only KWA lovers on this forum, even I would pick the VFC. Just because there externals are amazing and so is the performance. If I were to choose reliability I would go with the KWA, which is a major factor for me when choosing an airsoft gun.

7. Carnotix

Carnotix New Member

If someone legitimately said the KWA, i would leave this forum forever.

8. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Yeah like I said I would choose the VFC. But KWA's are still great guns.

9. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    If they were cheaper. I know a guy who got a KWA M4 for $150, and it's pretty good.

10. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Well I got my KWA G36c for $285 which I wouldn't say is expensive. I like it so of course I'm going to back kwa up. Why would I dis a manufacturer when I'm happy with the product. I don't need people on this forum telling me KWA suck when there actually great guns and most of them have probably never held one. I like the gun and that's all that matters.

11. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    I mean that for the price they should be better than they are. They don't suck, but there are better choices in that same price range.

12. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Yeah I know it was either a KWA or G&P. I'm all about reliableility and lets face it KWA has G&P beat by miles in stock reliability.

13. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Ummm no they win in QC, if you get a stock G&P and a stock KWA both with no defects, they should last around the same time.

14. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Well I guess you are right I constantly hear about motors failing, pistons and gears stripping in G&P's. I also hear that KWA's don't have good piston's, and I have heard of there gears stripping. But I run a 9.6 so I will get a long while out of my gun.

15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Funny, because none of the G&Ps I've seen at my fields have EVER had that problem, except this one kid who used a 11.1v lipoly.

16. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    Yeah at your feild, I'm getting my info from many resources. And yes if you run a 11.1 lipo in a stock G&P or KWA you will have these problems eventually. That's why I use a 9.6.

17. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

9.6 nimh's suck. 7.4 lipos last longer, more power without a 11.1 blast and way better trigger response. And they are about 30$cheaper with charger and all.

Way to round it up: G&P has KWA on externals, motor, stock performance
    KWA has......pistols.

I have 3 people who use G&Ps and all have had them for 2+years and going strong.
    The KWA users(many) think they are bad asses so they use 11.1s all day long. Not a single one knows what a mosfet is. KWAs just are popular because they are marketed in USA.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  18. Lone_Sausage5

Lone_Sausage5 New Member

Meadville
    9.6 don't suck it depends on the brand of battery. I am not a rof freak like a lot of people, I'm all about reliability.I have been thinking of getting a 7.2 lipo though. OK enough of this we are getting off topic.

19. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Yes, they do suck. 7.4v give you:

Longer lifetime
    Higher or same ROF
    Cost the same sometimes less
    Smaller size

20. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

This is a dead thread in my eyes. VFC....obviously wins hands down. It's comparing a ferrari to a mini cooper.