VFC 416 or MK18

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RyantheChimp, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    So my last thread was the VFC MK18 vs G&P CQBR. But the topic turned into ranting about my leader and some people saying 416 and MK18. So which do u think (I know my leader is a jerk) and only people who know about one of the guns / own it. Please be descriptive if possible in your choice. Thanks.

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    VFC....the 416 is one bad *** gun

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    The 416 is easily the best stock AEG I've ever owned and probably in the top three or four I've ever handled. The thing is just nice.

4. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

Mk18 in my opinion, but they are both sweet guns

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I trust Knief! You could bring a Knief to a knife-fight and Knief would win! The VFC is the gun in existence that I'd love to have over most guns

6. RCV

RCV New Member

I wouldn't even consider the 416. I'd look at the mk18 or sr15e3 iws. Such beautiful guns.

7. Tdabrow

Tdabrow New Member

Exton
    I own the 416, and am thrilled with it. The performance is second to none, and the externals are amazing. I love everything about mine. I can easily use it as a field or cqb gun

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Is that what you waont? True, but I just love the looks of the 416

9. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Its a toss up. One sweet looking gun for another. In my opinion If your okay with proprietary mags I would buy the 417. I don't think anyone on this fourm has one yet, its ONLY 470$?

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, I probably would have picked up the 417 if it were out when I got the 416. Getting pouches and mags would have been on the obnoxious side, but doable. Would have been a hot gun. Maybe I'll start a little HK AR collection as they start coming out.

11. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    how good is the 416 for field (what range u getting effective)?

12. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I bet M14 double stack mag pouches would work. If you wait long enough they will have 417 pouches out.

13. OATF

OATF Member

Jarrettsville
    I say mk18 but that's only because when I owned the 416 I had bad experiences with it, I traded it for a CA MK16 upgraded.

14. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    There are mag pouches out for the real deal gear manufacturers if I remember right.

I say the VFC 416 because it's awesome. I wish I had one. Lol.

15. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Thanks guys.............................

16. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

Mine shoots about 340 FPS with .2s, with .25s I'm getting about (estimated) 150-200 feet. Farther than I was expecting for a CQB gun.