VFC 416 upgrades?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RyantheChimp, Aug 15, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Anything I should buy with it, so far a tight bore barrel but anything else (internally)

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Depends on what you want todo really. Do you have a specific performance you want?

I replaced my gears, bushings, motor, wiring, and Phead all in one go around. Was it needed? No. Do I like it better now? Yes.

I would correct AOE while you're in there rooting around.

3. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Want to make it field ready, last awhile, and get some range.

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    A new motor. Most any long type neo magnet torque motor will work. SHS, Element, Lonex, and TX are all good brands to check out.

Upgrade and tune your hopup aswell.

5. deathmechanic

Davis
    Field ready is relative. My point of view is around 360-370 fps with some good range, with good semi capabilities . Other peoples mentality is maximum FPS, maximum range, maximum RPS.

If you want range look into Rhop. Take your time with it. Kind of a tedious process, but once installed properly it will add some nice range.

What battery do you plan to run?

6. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    9.6v........ what range can I expect out of this

7. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Battery makes no difference in range

8. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    the ...... meant question not related not my answer. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

9. deathmechanic

Davis
    Really depends on how you well you tune your replica. People have reported with properly tuned GB at 350 fps to get 250' of range for the first time of installation.

Not the best, but will still out range most things on the field.

Have you purchased the TBB or are you planning on too?

The VFC should be plenty reliable running a 9.6v, so shouldn't worry about replacing a bunch of parts prematurely.

10. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you are on a budget, I would just get a madbull 6.03, systema bucking, and scs nub. And leave the internals stock with some tuning and just upgrade when the parts break.

11. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Im buying a TBB and 416. Im kinda on a budget.

12. deathmechanic

Davis
    Rhop is very cheap. If you would be happier with a easier way Greeny's idea is very simple and somewhat effective. I would also stabilize your inner barrel as madbull barrels like to vibrate. (Very cheap scotch tape teflon tape any thin fillers work.)

13. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    1. vibrate?
    2. Rhop? plz remind me
    3. Why did you sell yours?
    4. With a tbb do i need to upgrade the bucking?

14. deathmechanic

Davis
    When you're shooting your whole gun vibrates. This also includes the inner barrel. The vibration causes the BB to bounce in the barrel more then it should making your shots inconsistent. By stabilizing it the vibration is cut down allowing a smoother BB path.

Rhop is a hopup contact patch that is rounded, and gives a solid contact around the upper part of the BB for a extended period of time over other hopup nubs. This stabilizes the BB and also adds a greater amount of hop to your BB.

Still own my VFC never sold it. Currently has a HS SSG build in it. Might sell it though have a issue using it and not wanting to scratch it.

The stock nub is fine as long as you aren't planning to add a SCS or a Rhop patch. If you go that route pick up a systema or guarder clear bucking.

15. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    whats a good brand for a cylinder and should it be metal?

16. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Unless you need a different port after a change in barrel lengths, the stock cylinder will do just fine.

Brass or stainless steel. Doesn't matter much.

17. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I hear systema after parts aren't so good?

18. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Systema parts are good but way overpriced. SHS makes great parts, albeit their new gears.
    Head on over to ClandestineAirsoft.com.

19. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    so a TBB, systema bucking, rhop (Can someone post a link), and what else?