VFC bad parts?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by RyantheChimp, Sep 22, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    So I have a VFC 416 and I'm wondering if there are any "bad" parts in it. My tech said not to anything to it until something breaks but I remember hearing something about some generic bad parts in it. What do you guys think? I already have a tight ore barrel and the hop up is proprietary

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    If you're not trying to change performance in a specific and directed way, leave things stock until they break. Even if there are known weak points in the gun, there's a chance that your gun won't suffer from that problem and you'll have wasted money replacing perfectly good parts.

3. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I've had quite a few VFCs who's pistons where bad. Not sure if it was just a bad batch or what, but it's something to think about. I think it would be a good idea to just leave it until something breaks though. VFCs are some of the more solid guns on the market right now.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    just had the bevel shed two teeth (contacting spur) on an m130 SS build (7.4v). around 50k rounds. no damage to spur. but i replaced them with a JG set. (400fps/20rps)

5. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Thanks guys (20 characters)

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Don't touch e internals until they break. The only part that is bad is the piston but that's because its the only part that isn't vfc quality. It is a cheap plastic piston instead of a polycarb.
    If you use a 11.1 15c or a 7.4 lipo you should be good

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    internals are like women's breast, very hard to resist...

8. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I want to sig that so bad. But I should not.

9. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Fine, then I will, because that's just Gold!

10. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Don't worry about it. Most guns break at some point in their "lifetime", so I wouldn't be stressed about it. Just enjoy your gun until that time comes around, then take it to someone to get it fixed.