Vfc full metal m4

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by osawaab, Dec 3, 2012.

1. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    Thanks to everyone on the forum i ordered a vfc m4. So from here im wondering what upgrades to do to get enhanced range and accuracy. The fps is good stock so i would rather stay away from a bigger spring as ive heard that decreases the gun life. Anyway im open to suggestions, thanks!!

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Tightbore barrel, madbull cheap, prommy pricey, and use heavier bbs.

3. osawaab

How do they compare quality wise and what bore type would you get?

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Prommy is better, but like stated more expensive, and I personally get 6.03. The theory is, 6.01s are more accurate for closer encounters but 6.03s win the long run.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    i would suggest changing the stock "Hop bucking" before changing the inner barrel.

i can get more accuracy and range with a stock 6.08mm barrel with a simple installation of a "GOOD" hop bucking lol.

then doing simple hop shim modifications (in the stickies).

then i would worry about buying a new inner barrel :) i would suggest this before buying a new inner barrel lol xD

youll see a "small" improvement by just installing a inner barrel. but youll still need to buy a decent hop bucking in the long run lol :)

6. osawaab

What hopup bucking would u suggest. Im assuming systema

7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach

In order of most accuracy/range increase to least

Systema bucking-$5 (get 2-3 if you're new, they tear quite a bit)
    SC Nub-$7
    Madbull barrel-$40
    KA chamber-$30

As you can see, the barrel does the least and costs the most (rarely would you replace the chamber). Barrels are overrated in Airsoft, unless I'm doing an extreme build I just try to find a G&P or TM stock barrel.

8. osawaab

Thanks for all the help and just wondering which is better the vfc eseries m16 or kwa m16 2gx

9. osawaab

Well guys i had to make a slight changed to the gun i was getting and it was a bit of a downgrade but my parents didnt like the fact that the vfc was gonna be over 400 for everything. So anyway i ended up getting the newest model of the full metal jg m4-a1. It looks like a nice gun and actually had better reviews than the vfc.

10. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Lol! Thats a super downgrade. The reviews mean nothing. A VFC is far superior to a JG any day of the week. The JG is fine but its not a VFC.

11. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Ewww. I personally dislike both. If you're upgrading anyways, why not a CA or G&P M16? (I can understand not getting the G&P because you'd have to go though Evike most likely)

12. osawaab

Yeah i realize that, but you cant say reviews mean nothing. When 78 people give a gun an
    Average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars thats still pretty good. Anyway this way i have some money left over for upgrades.

13. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    When a lot of them are planted reviews and others are people who review just review before 20,000 rounds, it really waters down the review mass credibility.

14. osawaab

Well if worse comes to worse ill sell it onebay and get a vfc ( i got this one for under 200 and the same one just sold for 250 used)