VFC Gbb Rifles?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by airsoft-collector, Dec 17, 2012.

1. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

Why are they hard to find in US? I notice Evike and ASGI don't carry them. Do they suck that bad?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'd avoid getting them. Lol. They're troublesome and parts like to break, a lot. The materials they're made from are terrible (internally at least). The externals are pretty nice, but that's typical. I'm not sure why they're not carried by Evike and ASGI, but I can guess it's because they're GBBs, and are too close to their real steel counterparts to make those two retailers want to import them. Too risky in their minds.

3. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    The newer ones are apparently decent. Main issues arise with leaking mags or BCG failure. Check out Arnies for info.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Leaking mags is easily fixable at least. I am debating picking on up and machining my own upgrade parts for it rather than getting a WE and going the RA Tech and CWI route. We will see. Go post in my teching thread to help me make a decision if you want to weigh in your opinion. Anyways, if I do get a VFC GBB, I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

5. airsoft-collector

Yes, let us know if you do. I like the upcoming MK 12 Mod 1. What does it say about VFC when both Evike and ASGI carry WEs???

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, I like WEs because they are 1:1 scale and have a pretty decent internal design. They can take real steel manipulatory parts (Charging handle and mag catch) with little to no modifcation. They're also open bolt and pretty gas efficient. The mags on the WEs can also be put into real steel PMAG shells.

7. airsoft-collector

Side topic. Ever owned a GHK? I'm interested in the AK-74 Version 2 if I can find it stateside.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The GHK AKs are pretty darn good. I would buy one if I had a liking for AKs.

9. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

I owned a GHK AKM a while ago.
    I loved that thing a lot, It's one of my favorite guns.

10. airsoft-collector

Good to know guys. Thanks. Now I just wish the one I want would get restocked.