Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i purchased an 18c awhile ago for my collection and I've decided to start to use it but every-time. I try and shoot it the outer barrel gets stuck between the frame and the slide which then jams the entire gun how. I "fix" it is by pushing the outer barrel back into place and then the gun functions properly until i shoot it again any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Did you take off the orange tip?

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Take it out the barrel assembly and see if the inner barrel is getting caught on the spacer inside the barrel.

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Now you will need to post pictures. We can't see your issue at play.

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Please show images of the spring guide on the slide assembly

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
You need some lubrication on that thing.

Do not use silicone oil.

I surmise you have a set of badly casted parts. This is due to the two corner wear marks on the top of the outer barrel and not seeing an immediate issue on the inside.

Other than a lack of lubrication.

Personally and others have had to "hand" fit many of these of these Umarex Glocks due to bad or lack of any design tolerances...

· Registered
9 Posts
You need some lubrication on that thing.

Do not use silicone oil.

I surmise you have a set of badly casted parts. This is due to the two corner wear marks on the top of the outer barrel and not seeing an immediate issue on the inside.

Other than a lack of lubrication.

Personally and others have had to "hand" fit many of these of these Umarex Glocks due to bad or lack of any design tolerances...
so i guess its good im buying a new outer barrel thats threaded than

when i get that new outer barrel where do you advise to put the lubricant? and what kind?

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Sadly...American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

It would be hard pressed to find a threaded barrel for a Umarex G18C. You can thank Umarex for pissing off all the aftermarket makers and thus they "chose" not to support "this" German Company.

You can use a Tokyo Marui G18C Outer barrel that is threaded. But you may need to hand fit it for it to work and cycle correctly.

As for what to use. If you have real firearms...you can use real gun oils and then lube it like a real Glock or use a light grease:

Rails
Friction points (Hammer Group in airsoft)
And top of outer barrel and slide.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sadly...American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

It would be hard pressed to find a threaded barrel for a Umarex G18C. You can thank Umarex for pissing off all the aftermarket makers and thus they "chose" not to support "this" German Company.
i actually found one that alot of people have said work for the 18 fhat is made for the 17

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Proarms G17 for TM?

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
Better act fast...they are pretty rare in the USA.

· Administrator
12,642 Posts
There are slight advantages.

However, if your store feeds off the US Distribution channels...you are rather limited on what you can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.