Vfc m27 iar

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by mn_airsofter_mn, Jan 4, 2016.

1. mn_airsofter_mn

mn_airsofter_mn New Member

Hey guys, I'm new here so if I break a rule let me know for future reference. So my issue is that I have a VFC M27 IAR and the flash hider won't come off. I tried blow torching it, boiling it, and blow drying it and yet it wont budge. (I know its cc threading). Thanks for the help!

2. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Basically, be patient and try those methods again. Sometimes it takes a little while for the glue to soften. Also, check for a grub screw, that could be what's holding it in place (and you really want that out before removing the flashhider anyway, as trying to pull that off with it in will likely damage your threads)

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    First and foremost, check from pins and screws. I don't know if your particular guns has it, so assume there is supposed to be one and try your hardest to find out.

Apply heat (blow dryer, near boiling water, etc), then twist. The longer you apply heat, the easier. Remember in airsoft it's "righty loosey; lefty tighty".

Sometimes it barely no force, other times it feels as if you're about to twist the outer barrel instead of removing the flash hider. Simply stated, it varies from gun to gun. Where possible, I like to put a screwdriver through the flash hider for a better grip/hold. Where that's not possible, monkey wrench is the next easiest thing because it can lock its grip in place unlike most pairs of pliers.

But ultimately know that your gun can take more abuse and stress than most think. Case and point, IF there is a screw, you'll likely snap the screw before you break your outer barrel. Well that'll likely damage your outer barrel, but you get the point. Give it some brute force.

In other words, what Steeljaw36 said

-mobile device-

4. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid New Member

Ledyard
    i also have this gun (one of the first run DE ones with the hard case actually)
    and i have tried soaking the barrel upwards of 10 mins in near boiling water (no go), a 1300w heat gun (no go), and just plain old forcing it (also, a no go)
    and as for a set screw i cant find one unless they painted it over with acrylic paint as the flash hider has no divots or imperfections on the surface where a hole might be painted over.

if any has any other idea i'm listening

5. leber026

leber026 Member

Fort Wayne
    I have the same limited Ed m27. It's on there good.

I actually twisted off the barrel extension on the first try.

I don't recall any set screws. What I did was put the extension in a vise then heated the flash hider with a butane torch. After some heat it came off.

I did end buying a set of plastic blocks to help the vise hold the barrel.

6. mn_airsofter_mn

mn_airsofter_mn New Member

How long did you have the torch on the flash hider?

7. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid New Member

Ledyard
    ya i'd like to know this as well considering i have like 6 different kinds of butane torches

8. leber026

leber026 Member

Fort Wayne
    I just checked looks like I was using a propane torch not butane. I used something very similar to this Basic Propane Torch

As for how long I don't 100% remember. Maybe a 1-2 minutes, maybe. What I did was heat it up then try to remove the flash hider, if it didn't turn I heated it a little more.

Again I did have the barrel extension removed from the gun so I didn't have to worry about heating up the gun. I used a vise with some barrel blocks like these

9. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid New Member

Ledyard
    hey, i got it off
    used a three flame butane lighter (it can hit ~1200F on metal after a few mins so its more like a torch, i use it for reflowing solder on PCBs)
    took about 35-45 seconds of direct application to melt glue then twist with a pair of locking pliers and a wrench
    i did separate the small barrel extension from the main barrel so i don't accidentally damage something else from heat transfer (also easier to dip the small end in water)
    the glue looks like its actually a form of low grade resin rather than just thread glue or low-end CA glue.

but it took two applications as the glue cooled while twisting and then almost instantly hardened again.

10. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously New Member

Waynesboro
    Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but who here has used their IAR as a light SAW like the Marines do? How well does it hold up with a lot of full-auto fire?

11. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid New Member

Ledyard
    i have and it holds wonderfully; my only gripe is the motor does heat up a bit if you dont have the height JUUUUSSST right, never had it stall or anything though.
    when i do use it as a saw i have an A&K M4 Box Mag (5000rds) and i more often than not run out of juice in my lipos rather than have overheat issues or anything like that.

but i usually can go through the better part of the box (so probably around 2000-2400rds?) when the battery starts sagging and i have to swap out.

the only thing i have done is put a different cylinder in (the stock is a single fluted cylinder, i put in a 3 flute cylinder)
    i did originally have a full upgrade kit in it though; a 120 or 130 spring the triple flute cylinder and the piston from the FTK with all that though it usually ran a bit hot for most fields in my area (upwards of 410 FPS) so i put back the stock spring and keept the cylinder and the piston. in that config it shoots about 360-375 if it's a freshly charged lipo.