VFC M4 v.s. VFC M16 (E Series)

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MajorDC, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MajorDC

MajorDC New Member

Im looking into both of these guns for field play and i like them both but the m4 is more compact and easy to manuver but the m16 has a longer barrel meaning more range and accuracy. i plan to use a m120 spring and i want a gun that hits hard, works well, has good accuracy, and stays around 400-415 fps with .20. I do plan to do some internal work such as better gears, a bravo 1 mosfet, shims, etc. and a lipo. i really would like to hear from someone who has experiance with one or knows about them.

2. MajorDC

MajorDC New Member

Also if theres anything better for 280 bucks lemme know. I was lookin at G&P but ive heard some of their internals are crap.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That's not entirely true. Airsoft works on different principles than real steel, and a longer barrel doesn't correlate with more power and accuracy. The quality of your barrel and hop up are far more determinate in your accuracy and range than barrel length. As long as your barrel is hitting carbine length, there's little difference between what an M4 barrel does and what an M16 barrel does. Buy whichever gun you like the looks and feel of better.

[edit] G&P internals are just fine.

4. MajorDC

MajorDC New Member

But do both models preform the same?

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yep. They're identical internally except for the barrel. This is the case for almost all AEGs of the same brand in the same price range.

6. MajorDC

MajorDC New Member

In your personal opinion do you think these guns are worth $280 and will preform great?

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes and no. I don't think any gun on the market that costs $280 performs great. I think to get to "great" you need to do some aftermarket work or drop some serious coin on something like a P* or a PTW. I do, however, think that VFC makes some very nice guns that are worth $280. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it for the price.