VFC MK18 or G&P CQB-R

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RyantheChimp, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Since apparantly the 416 is off limits and the SR7 wont be back for months, these are the last 2. Which one do you guys think is better?

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    The 416 is for sale on Evike...

3. bobdoleisgreat

bobdoleisgreat New Member

Chicago
    I would go for the VFC, I have had better success with VFC guns rather than G&P, but that's just my .02

4. RCV

RCV New Member

The VFC by far. Their mk18 is such a nice gun and it is in stock on GI. Much better than a G&P.

5. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

I just got my 416 a month or two ago, but I love it so far. They updated it recently too, all the more reason to get one!

Unless you mean you just don't like/want a 416.

6. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I'm on a team and the leader said if I got the VFC 416 (his gun) then there would be consequences....

7. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Your "team" leader should not dictate what guns you are allowed to buy.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Lol, your team leader doesn't want you to have the same gun!? Quit the team an buy the 416!

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Or, buy the 417 and say "mines bigger" lol

10. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

So should get one and join a real team. He seems like a real jerk if he can tell you what guns you can and cant buy with your own money. Evike has it back in stock.

11. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I would but ive coped him 2 other times so hes probably annoyed with me haha

12. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    He said that he bought a $450 so that no one else would copy him...

13. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Buy the M27 IAR VFC or the 417...

14. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    The 417 is too long, more expensive, and takes G36 mags!

15. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    I wouldn't buy the M27 as that is a GBB and VFC GBBRs suck.

They use a special mag that is much larger than a G36 mag.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  16. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Tell him he should have spent more. Then tell him that he has no right to dictate how you spend your money or what equipment you use. Tell him that if he wants you to use a different gun than the one you want, he can buy it for you. Then tell him that his power as team leader is entirely arbitrary and only exists so long as each team member chooses to submit to his will. If any team member chooses not to submit to his will in any matter then he no longer has pretend power over that matter. Finally, tell him that abusing his made up power by trying to dictate things like what equipment you guys buy will quickly result in a complete loss of that power, and that he should be glad you guys allow him to play the role of team leader at all.

FYI, good teams don't have team leaders off the field. You're all teammates, and thus all equal. The military has to hae a chain of command to function. Airsoft teams are worse for having them.

17. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

+1, all our posts combined. The 417 mags are proprietary and the M27 IAR would be awesome no matter what.

18. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    The M27 will break easily. They use zinc for their parts. I bought their M4 and there was wear marks on the hammer and bolt before I had even fired it. This has been shown numerous times from other people. The gun ended up breaking within ten days and under 200 rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if VFC hasn't updated their internals yet.

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Thanks for the info. You would think they would use something else and fix it...