VFC MP5 3rd burst AEG questions.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by OPairoft, Jun 24, 2020.

1. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    So I have the chance to pick up a lightly used one, but I am very concerned about the weird propriety/v8 gearbox. I don't really care for burst, especially knowing that its mechanical and about as reliable as a kwc 1911. But as long as semi and auto work, thats fine with me. I also like the externals even if it is the US model with die cast metal instead of steel.

I would hope that if the shell did break or I want something different, that I could possibly get a Avalon MP5 gearbox to fit or even a lower/gearbox.

So, would I be making a costly mistake for wanting one? or is it salvageable from the "eh" design choices vfc made?

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    If you get one, make sure it's got the stamped steel upper... Otherwise, not worth it imo. It's just a V8 gearbox btw. Standard v2/3 gears fit (though using a standard sector will disable the mechanical burst). Spare parts (c/o lever, sector, etc) related to the burst function can be sourced direct from vfc (though maybe not for much longer, so you might want to grab a few spares sooner than later). I can remember if the gear ratio is 16:1 or not, but if it isn't, you could swap in an SHS/Rocket/SLD spur and bevel to lower the ratio.
    I've seen at least one gearbox swap done on these, but that's only worth it if you have the steel upper imo.

3. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    Very very few of the VFC Mp5 have the steel upper. I'm guessing only the Asia editions have it. Definitely not worth the price for a pot metal version.