Vfc or G&P mk18 mod 1, that is the question.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by hammerhead, Nov 15, 2012.

1. hammerhead

hammerhead Member

Niceville
    So i am looking at buying either a Vfc or G&P mk18 mod 1 aeg. I just have never owned a Vfc so i come to the forum seeking advice or cautions about their aegs. Are they worth while and is it the better buy?

2. airsoftbum1578

airsoftbum1578 New Member

I think you should get g&p. they have amazing build. They also shoot pretty well.

3. hammerhead

hammerhead Member

Niceville
    So G&P is better than Vfc?

4. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    They will both be outstanding guns, my experience with G&P has been fabulous!

5. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    They will both perform about the same, and IIRC the VFC may have a better ROF.

6. hammerhead

hammerhead Member

Niceville
    Its gonna be a build project. Only thing is i am not sure about any proprietary features and parts for each weapon. I have been trying to find actual reviews with no luck on YouTube. I am looking for durability and dependability from the weapon. I will hell test it for sure.

7. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Neither should have any proprietary parts.

8. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Get the VFC. The working bolt catch is a great feature. The body won't need to be replaced, but if you do, it'll be difficult to due to the working bolt catch. VFC's externals are slightly better and their internals are a bit better as well. No wobbles or creaks at all.

9. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I completely agree with Archer. I love the working bolt catch on my SCAR. The externals are very nice, and the only thing you would need to replace for a special build would be internals, as externals are great.

10. franpier

franpier New Member

Rock River
    I love my VFC M4. My friend has had a VFC MK18 MOD1 and now a Socom Gear(VFC Internal) MK18 Block II

11. hammerhead

hammerhead Member

Niceville
    Pretty sure the mod1 vfc is simply a block 2 basic. Never actually seen or heard of a mod 1 mk18

12. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    I would go with the VFC. Slightly better externals,(IMO) and the working bolt catch feature is nice.

I was working on one recently, and now I really want one for myself.

13. Axis

Axis Active Member Supporting Member

What everyone else has forgotten to mention is that G&P rifles come with 16 gauge wiring and deans connectors pre-installed. VFC rifles have tamiya connectors and the usual 18 gauge wiring.

Both of them are really nice rifles, so I don't really have an opinion on which I like better.

14. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    For a stock gun, that is no big deal. Deans take <5 minutes to install. You don't need to change the wiring unless you are going to be upgrading, really. At that point, it's just one more thing to do, and it doesn't take long at all to rewire a gun.

15. Axis

Axis Active Member Supporting Member

The wiring still provides less resistance. Like I said earlier, VFCs make good guns too. I was just throwing that information out there for the OP, so he would know the difference between their wiring and connectors.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  16. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    This should be moved to the "Which gun should i get" forum.

But I have little experience with either, just have heard great things about both.

17. hammerhead

hammerhead Member

Niceville
    Its more of a pro and con question about the reliability of them.

18. homerolol

homerolol New Member

miami
    so they wont spray paint it with black paint on your trade marks