Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting back into airsoft after many years gone. Looking for a new set-up. I was looking at the VFC Scar because that’s one of my real life set ups that I run drills with and would be cool to run that in the airsoft world as well. So I’m curious out of the two which one has better quality parts and less reliability issues? If you have other brands throw feel free to post them!

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
That would be neither...both have issues.

But, since you have a SCAR platform...go with that and have someone get parts for you from VFC when the metal breaks...Aotsukisho will respond I'm sure when he see this thread.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m open to other options I just don’t know what’s good and what’s not anymore. Have any recommendations ☺
That would be neither...both have issues.

But, since you have a SCAR platform...go with that and have someone get parts for you from VFC when the metal breaks...Aotsukisho will respond I'm sure when he see this thread.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
You want to match looks or do you want durability? The durable platforms may not look like what you want.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
WE SCAR with RAtech parts cannot be worse than the VFC can it?

work log on a friend's VFC Mk17, this is a sample size of 1 but
  • it threw a nozzle spring, zero parts support in US distribution so it was down for a year
  • said nozzle spring is a multistage design with 0.33mm wire for some reason
  • design flaw on the bolt buffer, it will hammer itself apart
  • stopped working entirely in adverse weather (high elevation, rain)
  • some magazine baseplates got loose and fell off during normal use
  • 5/6 magazine fill valves leaked in under a year
  • rear BUIS does not have a recoil lug, clamp-only
  • not compatible with WE SCAR parts, of which there is a significant aftermarket
  • hop adjustment screw will walk off, requires degreasing and adding threadlocker
  • nub is built into hop adjustment collar, cannot use extended type packings
  • very sharp right angle on bolt used to reset hammer, cannot significantly alter profile as it's a threaded insert for nozzle cylinder

there are some good things though
  • kick is significant due to massive bolt carrier
  • nozzle has built in NPAS (at least the replacement from Guges did)
  • mags are $60 so that's realistic lol

Aotsukisho will respond I'm sure when he see this thread.
Yep I'm here lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts