VFC SCAR-H AEG vs. WE SCAR-L GBBR

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BaghdadRecon, Dec 15, 2012.

1. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Which is higher quality, more reliable, easier to upgrade? Which is better to skirmish with?

2. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Definitely the VFC SCAR-H. It's just more practical to have an AEG. You can upgrade them easier, the magazines can hold more than 30 rounds (unlike the WE SCAR), magazines are easier to get, you don't need to constantly buy gas... If you want realism, go for the WE, but the VFC is the more practical choice.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

3. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I'll answer what I can.

VFC's gun are great, and reliable. Great externals also.
    People say that AEGs are more reliable then GBBs.
    Unless you are Shady, AEGs are easier to upgrade, and I think they have more aftermarket parts.
    I think this is a matter of preference. With GBBs, you typically had a mag capacity of 40 rounds. Is that something you want? Where as AEGs can have midcaps, lowcaps, highcaps, whatever. Basically you aren't stuck with a lowcap capacity.

It comes down to what you want, GBBRs are more realistic.

4. V3A-Pred

V3A-Pred New Member

Chicago
    VFC, VFC, VFC! Go with VFC but GBBR are the most realistic you can get.

5. Kazinsal

Kazinsal New Member

Langley
    Personally, I like the realism imposed upon my playing style that gas rifles give me. I can't just sit there with a highcap and hold the trigger for minutes at a time. I have to think about how I'm going to conserve my 120±4 shots (I mean, I could bring some BBs and a speedloader, but I'm going to run out of gas if I try that).

For most people though, an AEG with midcaps or a highcap is best, unless you enjoy the challenge of pseudorealism required by GBBRs.

EDIT: Another reason I like the WE SCAR-L is because my airsofting buddy runs the WE XM177 (and I'm considering getting the WE T91) so we have a total of 10 magazines between us. Good thing my DPM gear has really big pockets!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012