VFC SCAR-H Internal Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by SCL_Blackbird, Aug 13, 2012.

1. SCL_Blackbird

SCL_Blackbird New Member

Sioux Falls
    Hi, my friend bought a VFC SCAR-H and an 11.1v Lipo battery. I've read that VFC externals are better than the internals and I wanted to make sure the gearbox could hold up to the Lipo's ROF.

What gearbox upgrades should I go for or is the gearbox fine as is?

2. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    Did lipo come with it or seperate? If it came with it, then yes it should. If he bought it seperate, it all depends. Vfc's, I hear have weak wires and can sometimes fry when a lipo is used, but everything else should handle it, for safety install a mosfet or a fuse to lower chances. And don't hold trigger for more than 5 seconds at a time.

3. SCL_Blackbird

SCL_Blackbird New Member

Sioux Falls
    It was seperate. As far as the gearbox, are the gears themselves fine? It's just the wiring?

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    what is the dump (c) rating of your 11.1? I spoke iwth VFC and they told me that the reason I fried my piston was because I was using an 11.1 with a 25c dump rate. they told me that it has to be 15c or it will just continue to strip factory pistons. The factory piston is plastic with plastic teeth so make sure you upgrade that anyway.
    Other than that, it uses the autoshimming feature which some people hate but others love, the gears are great quality and the spring only change if you want to change your FPS. The factory motor is perfectly fine.
    The only real problem is the hopup and piston. Change the bucking and nub and get a better piston and youll be set

5. SCL_Blackbird

SCL_Blackbird New Member

Sioux Falls
    This is the battery...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_236&products_id=8540