Vfc scar h not fireing

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MaDDhAnnAh, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MaDDhAnnAh

MaDDhAnnAh New Member

Got a problem with my Vfc scar. Haven't had any trouble with it up to now. After a fresh charge I hooked up my 11.1 lipo and gun didn't fire on semi. Switched it to auto and it shot out 7 or so rounds then just stopped working. Doesn't make any sounds or anything. Just a dead gun. Was thinking maybe a wiring problem as I know the wiring in stock is kinda ****. Only other thing I can think is motor is shot. Bought the gun used and maybe fired 6000 rounds or so. Any suggestions? And if it is a motor problem is that an ex replace for a technically savvy dude?

2. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    I have a scar. You realize its not lipo ready.... my guess, you fried your motor.

Did you try firing with regular battery after?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

3. MaDDhAnnAh

MaDDhAnnAh New Member

Had lipo in it when I bought it. And from what I've read it is lipo ready

4. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    That's weird...

Suggestion, take the motor out and supply direct power to it, do do this take wire and attatch to the contacts of the motor and other sides to terminals of battery. Does not matter if you mess up pos and neg cause were dealing w/ dc power. If motor spins its a gear prob, if not its trash and I recommend a high torque motor upgrade.

5. MaDDhAnnAh

MaDDhAnnAh New Member

I got 2 11.1 lipos is all and my buddies has dig connects. I'll change them and see just for shits and giggles. Just read that 11.1 lipos without a mosfet chip burn out the trigger connects on Vfc scars. Should have looked into more before i bought. Sounds like that could be problem tho. As it would fire then wouldn't.

6. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    Lol. Let me know if you get it fixed up. Good luck and happy hunting.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    have you checked the motor connector? they often loosen up. also, you may want to check the connection of the lower receiver electrical contact points. make sure they are making a good connection. i had to sand down the lower plastic tab so the contacts had better connection. you will need alligator clips to test that connection point to see if it needs sanding.

[​IMG]

if that's not the problem, then you will need to inspect your trigger contacts for carbon deposits or arcing damage. it will require a mosfet to protect the trigger from high discharge battery arcing damage.

[​IMG]

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the VFC is 12v ready and can handle a lipo just fine. I have run an 11.1 in mine for a year and never a problem. I wouldnt run a lipo in any other scars but the VFC can take it.

If they gun isnt making a single noise when you pull the trigger its not your motor. You would still hear the whine from the electrical trying to push through. I would check your connectors like alex said and then the wires the rest of the way out to the fuse.
    The trigger contacts would be a good place to start though

9. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    12v what's a 12v? 20 chrar

10. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    12v battery.....y u no not know battery

11. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    12 volts. Which was the highest amount of power you could get from a standard airsoft battery, for a long time.

12. MaDDhAnnAh

MaDDhAnnAh New Member

Is it the tab below connects on lower receiver that u sand down. Motor connects were fine motor runs good. Looks like trigger connects.

13. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I have never heard of a 12v battery. Only 8.4v 9.6v 14.8v 7.4v and 11.1v but I guess there is a gap from 9.6v-14.8v. I guess you learn something new every day.