VFC SCAR H Trades

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheLostCause, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

So my questions is do all VFC Scars Have trade marks? I currently have a retired cop telling me I sold him a fake scar H. Due to the fact it had no trades. So do all of them do?

2. sp7549

sp7549 New Member

San Diego
    No, they just recently( I believe this year) got licensing from cybergun to put trademarks on their guns. They used to have no trademarks.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    My old VFC Scar-H had no trademarks.

4. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Ok because I currently have a retired cop that has filed a police report against for fraud. Is there any site to references this? I could really use it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. FSTK

FSTK Member

It depends on how you described the item that will determine whether you're held liable for this or not. Obviously if you sold the item under as the newest VFC Scars, then yeah, that's fraud. If you simply listed the VFC Scar as just a VFC Scar with no indication as to whether it is the 3rd gen (the one with Cybergun's blessing), then it depends.

The OP needs to tell us the whole story: the listing used,pictures used, and what words you used to describe the item. Did he inquire about the trades before buying? Or did he just ask if the gun was still available for sale, by which you assumed he knew already what he was buying. Do not cut out any details, especially if this was a vocal conversation. (I'm guessing this was done over the web).

6. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Here it is straight up!
    [​IMG]

7. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    Then you should be fine. You never specified for what I can see. Just my .02 cents

8. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Yea well ebay favored on him when he had no proof and neither did ebay. So as far as Im concerned im getting it back and im appealing the case.

9. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    And that's probably just cause he's an ex cop:/

10. FSTK

FSTK Member

I just pulled up the Ebay Listing and that was some serious BS on Ebay's part. The pictures are clear and show what you're getting. There's no mistaking what you see there and the only way you could mistake it is if you're a moron.

When you get the item back: make sure everything is there and that he didn't gut any parts out. Well...are you getting a FVF refund and is buyer paying for shipping? If no to both of them: yes, BS indeed.

If you can, can you post Ebay's statement as to why they ruled in his favor? And more importantly: what you posted in response to the dispute.

11. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Yes he is getting a full refund and He is paying shipping. Check this out, he claiming that tis part was like this and when I shipped it, it was not.
    [​IMG]

12. FSTK

FSTK Member

well, if he's paying for shipping, then there's no real harm done: I suppose. Just a waste of time for everyone. :(

I swear, I saw that same picture on the AS-Classifieds before....

13. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I just ordered a VFC Scar L and well they sent me the Heavy by mistake (sent it back waiting for the one I ordered) well when I opened the box and noticed it was wrong there were no trade marks or anything. and this was just last week with a brand new one. I do know the L has markings but the heavy did not.

14. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    VFC SCAR have trades now. They did not before. Most places still have a bunch left over from the older batches and will sell you the ones without the trades before the ones with the trades. If you purchase one from any site and your expecting trades, make sure you make a note that you want the newest edition with the trades. I have owned a light and Heavy SSR and both from this year. Only the SSR came with trades. No trades doesnt mean fake. He obviously realized that and that he couldnt win with the fraud case so he now moved onto the it arrived broken case.
    He didnt leave neg feedback yet did he? If he did you can petition ebay to remove it by saying that you offered a full refund even though the item was broken after you shipped it.
    Any damage that occurs during shipping should be take up with the company that shipped it. so if it wasnt like that when you sent it but it was when he received it then he has to take it up with the shipper. Ive dealt with that before and it sucks

15. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

OK people this is getting old I now have revengeofthedead filing a claim against me on paypal because he was tld by some one else that its not a VFC. He has no proof or anything and im getting tired of people scamming me.

16. Pie

Pie New Member

Schaumburg
    Well do you have proof it is indeed a VFC? Reciept? Box? Anything? If you can't provide proof that its a VFC, what makes you think the buyer is going to trust it? It was his mistake for not looking into it further, but you could have been alot more ready for something like this with actual proof of it being a VFC.

17. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Best proof is stock wiring. VFC uses pins, non VFC uses wiring. Including Dboys

18. FSTK

FSTK Member

IIRC, most vendors updated their SCAR wiring design to use the contacts that VFC employs. Either way that might not be enough since Paypal doesn't care about the small airsoft details that only we people know. I think the key factor in deciding the case will be in how long it took the buyer to file the dispute. The longer it took: the more likely Paypal will rule in favor of seller. Also keeping all forms of communication prior, during, and after the sale is important too.

IMO, Paypal's not going to care about pictures unless there's context to go with it. It's not uncommon that scamming buyers gut the parts then files a dispute. Paypal knows this.

Also didn't know OP had 2 SCARs up for sale.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  19. fradd

fradd New Member

You didn't state anywhere that there were trademarks.

20. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the hopup is one way to see if its a vfc or not, it is proprietary. the takedown of the vfc is different than any others except for the G&G. the front sight tool is removeable and useable on a vfc not on dboys/echo1. there are many ways to determine if its a non trade vfc or not. I owned a non trade vfc and there is no difference.
    You dont have to prove that it is a VFC they have to prove it is not. Do not give any refunds unless they can prove it. People who buy something and then realize they cant afford it have hit me before on sales demanding a refund because there was a scratch where i didnt see or there was a knick in the paint, or there was 14.7 rps instead of 15 rps.
    DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE THEMSELVES THAT IT IS NOT A VFC OR ITS BROKEN

is this scar you are talking about the one he is currently selling in the forums? tan scar-h?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012