VFC scar-h upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ScarGunner, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ScarGunner

ScarGunner New Member

Well, Ive had my scar for about a year now. Been pretty happy with it but been to nervous to go inside the gearbox. But, now I have money and I want to upgrade some internals. What I want to do is, increase the rps, get faster trigger response, and run a LiPo.

Heres my problem. I have never gone into a gearbox, let alone even know how to get it out of my gun. I have no idea what to do in order to achieve this, or where to even begin. So, if you guys could direct me to some good guides, maybe show me some good parts, and what to stat away from, that would be amazing.

Finally, all cash I have on hand now is 175 dollars, but I don't want to cut any corners, so if there is a part that will go over my budget, still tell me, and I will just save up for that later.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Lionandthescar

Lionandthescar New Member

Calgary
    Hey, I'm in the same situation. Only mine is the vfc scar L. Im planning on switching out all the plastic parts for metal ones. Not sure about wether or not to get new gears. And the motor seems just fine. Not to mention I will be fitting in a tight bore.
    Keep me posted on what u decide eh.

3. Lionandthescar

Lionandthescar New Member

Calgary
    Ps just go on youtube and search vfc scar breakdown. Im pretty sure the heavy version breaks down the same as the (L)

4. ScarGunner

ScarGunner New Member

Bump, could someone help me with this please.