VFC Scar Jammed

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Dead Eye, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    ok so I got a new VFC Scar about 2 months old and have not been able to actually take it out till last weekend. Its worked great all day, till at the very end while clearing the chamber it just stops working. I pulled the bottom receiver off and see the piston in the locked back position. I am thinking its the piston but before I pull it apart does anyone have any other ideas it might be?
    I tried to fire it in Semi and nothing then auto it fire like 5 shots and then nothing. the motor is working as I checked that. tried a fresh charged battery. and still nothing. I will not be able to get into the gear box till this weekend. so I am open to hear thoughts on things to check.

2. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

The metal connectors in the stock that connect the wiring to the gear box might be loose (possibly the ones in the lower receiver as well) or have too much corrosion.

3. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I don't think that's it cause its all getting power, I think the dreaded cracked piston but not quite sure.