Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Well to assist...we need details.

Please define the parameters you want to hit and then we can assist.

But note...there is a point where longevity and FPS will be working against each other.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son’s gun runs 450 FPS, so I’d like to start there, he can cycle rounds more quickly than I can as well….if parts are interchangeable then longevity is less a problem. I’d like to sting him at a distance like he dose me.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
450FPS is beyond the limit for some makers.

But, we will still need additional details.

What is your platform and who made it?

And if you want to out range your son and sting him more. You should actually switch to a heavier bb and update your hop-up packing/rubber/bucking.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
000offf...is your Son's AEG also a Black Ops too?

Black Ops is made by SRC (I think...). Not a very good maker. M120 for a 400fps with .20g is near the max that the SRC mechbox can handle for durability. This one is sold with the deceptive marketing of 420fps with .12g bbs. Most AEG's are sold using the .20g standard and that puts your AEG at 340fps with .20g.

What you bought is a starter AEG and to bring this AEG up to the power level that you seek is going to be in excess of the price you paid for it and that is if you know how to open these AEG's up and change out the:

Motor
Gears
Spring
Piston
Bearings/Bushing
Hop-up Packing/Rubber/Bucking

And do a systems check on the overall assembly of the unit itself.

You most likely can take it up to 400fps with a spring swap...but again if you have never opened up an AEG, it will be difficult for the first few times.

However, if your son is shooting 450fps with .20. You will match his range if you switch up to .25g bbs.

This is due to your son shooting a bb that is too light and by using a heavier bb you will carry more inertia and thus you will gain range.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m wicked handy… yes that’s how it was sold. I know it’s cheap just want to speed it up. So a new spring. I can do that, and most all the physical parts. Where can I buy parts that are compatible? Do you know a site/ manufacturer you like? There are so many.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Airsoft industry is an inverted pyramid.
One supplier OEMS for 9 different brands with no changes.

Buy from Brill...

· Registered
548 Posts
In layman’s terms, replace or modify any weak parts of the gearbox. :) What those parts are depends heavily on what kind of SRC parts are in there.

For example, I recently worked on a Valken ASL MOD (also OEMed by SRC), that had some really good parts right out of the box. There were some major weak points, like the trash motor, but there were also lots of parts that needed no replacement, and the rifle already shot 380 FPS w/ .20g BBs.

Let me see if I can find an internal review of the MK5 and I might be able to give you a better idea of what you’d probably need to replace.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
I didn't find one...

BO may be very different from Valken. Thus you would need to open and inspect prior to ordering parts.

I would suggest that you post a picture of your internals for inspection by us to determine what you may need to change.

· Registered
548 Posts
I could not find a disassembly either.

And just because some of Valken’s models are SRC doesn’t mean that all of them are, or that quality necessarily carries over.

I second using Brillarmory as well. Airsoft Atlanta has some stuff that Brill doesn’t, so it’s a decent second choice imo, but Brill tends to be my first pick if they have what I need.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
But, many of their items are misrepresented and overcharged and their techs ignore your email requests if they don't have an answer for you.

American Consumerism Does Not Apply in Airsoft.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts