Vsr-10 Air Restrictor

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by slipknot2302, Aug 16, 2012.

1. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Hi, I am going to my cousins tomorrow, and I'm wondering how to take the air restrictor off his Vsr-10. Thanks.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    The air brake?

Cut it off...

3. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Do you know where it is located? I haven't taken apart a spring rifle, only a couple AEG'S and gas pistols, which I can do easily. Just not familiar with it.

4. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    It's on the piston head

5. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Ok, thanks for the information Sparky. You can lock this if needed since m question is solved.
    500th post!

6. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    I'll leave it open in case you run into any issues...

7. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

No the air restrictor is screwed into the tip of the cylinder head not the piston head. Leave the air brake on helps with air seal and compression. If u look at the cylinder head Ull see it at the tip and just un screw it and The cylinder will now flow more air. Hope this helps , any more questions regarding vsr10s or snipers in general feel free to ask

8. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

I mean I trim the air brake but don't cut it all the way off

9. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Ok sounds good, thanks. To access it, which parts should I start taking off? Sorry, I don't want to mess up a gun that's not mine.

10. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Ok lucky for you it's super simple. Take the stock of the gun off then Ull have to pull the guide stopper down from the trigger and the bolt will now slide out. You don't even have to remove the cylinder head just unscrew the little plug from the tip of the nozzle. Guide stop is located in the center of the trigger and you force it down with a hammer or sometimes you can pull it out with ur finger. You can also watch YouTube just search. Vsr10 dissasembly there are many vids out there

11. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Thanks for the help man, appreciate it.

12. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Yeah no problem man.