Vsr-10 bolt hard to push back in

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by BraveRunningT, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BraveRunningT

BraveRunningT New Member

St. Louis
    I had a feeding issue with my Well vsr-10, so i looked and the new hopup rubber i had for about 3 months was obstructing the path of the bb's so i replaced it with the stock bucking and it shot fine for about 3 shots. then on the fourth I had a very hard time pushing the bolt forward. I checked and without the trigger box on the cylinder cycles fine, but with the trigger box screwed on, it stops the bolt from easily going forward. I know how to take apart my gun but i dont know what everything is called, so please describe things or include a picture

I also replaced the sears around a year ago, but have put around 1000 rounds through with no problem.

Im new to the forum but i did look at threads relating to this problem and found none.

Thanks,
    BraveRunningT

2. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Get a 90 degree trigger. 45 degree sears push the piston against the cylinder wall.

3. BraveRunningT

BraveRunningT New Member

St. Louis
    Thanks for the response, could there be any other reason why it would be hard to push back in?

4. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Uh... No.

That's not the issue. First off the bar 10 shouldn't be hard to push in with the 45 setup. Have you opened up the gun at all? If so you might have just rubbed off the lube and it might just need to be lubricated again.

And btw even if you bought a 90 degree sear you need a whole new trigger. To my knowledge the only 90 degree trigger for vsr us the v/z trigger. Which costs 200 dollars.

So first answer this. Did you open the gun? Did you open the cylinder? Did you open the trigger?

If you opened the trigger you might have put it back together wrong. If you opened the cylinder it might just need to be lubricated.

5. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    The piston is pushing against the wall...especially the O ring which can cause friction all around the cylinder. Lube will help and a 90 degree mech helps even more. Also, I believe hard bolt push is quite common in bar / vsr 10s.

List of 90 degree mech makers:
    Airsoftpro cz $120 for complete cylinder set and trigger
    Noobie's M trigger $100?
    S-trigger by Springer1 airsoftforum $70-80
    Action Army Zero trigger (although i don't recommend personally) $100
    Costlier higher quality choices:
    Laylax Zero trigger $200
    PDI V trigger $190 - sells replacement parts too

probably more custom makers too

Also, if it's very hard to push in at the very end of the cycle, it's probably still more of a problem with your bucking or alignment.

6. BraveRunningT

BraveRunningT New Member

St. Louis
    I did open it up and my father looked it over and decided it was rubbing on the side of the cylinder, so I lubed it and so far so good. Would you guys recomend grease or oil though?so far i just sprayed silicon oil on the piston and spring guide along with the whole inside of the cylinder.

7. TheFallenHero

Silicon oil is exactly what you want. You also want to try to make your movements as fluid as possible. That way it's not stuttering along.

8. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Just curious, why would you not reccomend the Action Army zero trigger? I dont really want one, but I am wondering whats wrong with it. Others may wonder also..

Thanks buddy.

9. BraveRunningT

BraveRunningT New Member

St. Louis
    This may be a little off topic but i found it funny that Well puts a weak piece of cement in the stock of the VSR-10. I figured it out when i dremeled it open to skeletonise it, since it is now very smooth to shoot (thanks to help from you guys) i am turning it into my spring build as a scout sniper rifle.

BraveRunningT

10. TheFallenHero

No good reviews on it... I havent heard one person say its great and long lasting yet. What i have heard is that it breaks in 6 months.

11. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Low build quality. Also, a common problem inside the trigger box is a small spring snapping which has happened to quite a lot of people (3-4 people recently, including one on this forum a week ago), making the trigger mechanism unusable. This can happen within a week or 2 or 3 months when you least expect it. The AA is a clone of a laylax in design, but not a clone of the same quality. $60 more for a higher quality Laylax with a lighter trigger pull and no such problems within years of time is more cost and time effective than buying a cheaper clone known to break within months.