VSR-10 Upgrade Input

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by SniperNoSniping, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SniperNoSniping

SniperNoSniping New Member

Hello I am starting my VSR-10 upgrade and I would like some opinions on the part I have chosen.

Parts:
    Raven (PDI) 01 Inner Barrel (VSR-10 / 430mm)
    PDI W HOLD CHAMBER PACKING for Tokyo Marui VSR and Marui Pistol
    Angel Custom VSR-10 MAX Stainless Steel Cylinder Set - SP170
    Angel Custom Advanced Precision Steel VSR-10 / BAR-10 / M28 Piston & Trigger Sear Set

Accessories:
    King Arms (Spring RETURN) Bipod
    Matrix 3-12x50 Illuminated Reticle Sniper Scope w/ Mounting Rings

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Lol, I love the profile name man.

The parts look pretty solid to me. However, have you considered a PDI hopup chamber and AEG barrel? It will open you up to a lot of better inner barrels such as Prometheus or the more budget friendly, Madbull.

And if your planning on pulling a spring with that kind of power you might want to find a more tried and true sear set (PDI makes a very strong steel sear) if not a Z/V trigger.

Obviously the things I suggested will mean you'll have to open up your wallet more, but they'll give you some fantastic results.

3. SniperNoSniping

Haha thanks, but yeah I would agree to that the sears are the downfall of my parts but it was the best option I could find without breaking the bank with a zero trigger.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
  5. SniperNoSniping

that could actually work! thanks

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Looks ok, but what is your budget? it might be possible to get you items that will improve accuracy and effective range much more if we knew what you want to, or are willing to, spend.

7. SniperNoSniping

somewhere around mid 200.

8. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

so $250? is this for the gun+upgrades+attachments? or just upgrades?

9. SniperNoSniping

just upgrades but the cheaper the better of course.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    That not the best approach when building up a sniper rifle. The best performers usually perform that way because the owner put the money down to do that.

$250 is a great start, but I suggest buying quality parts (usually the more expensive parts) and then as you save more money buy the next thing. You don't need to spend all $250 and get everything done in one shot, in fact its better that you don't. Somethings don't need as much attention as others, but the major components (major components like the hopup, trigger) should be done right the first time.

Like I said in my first post, look into the PDI hopup chamber, then pick up a great AEG inner barrel and bucking. Also, the Action Army trigger is a great solution and will help keep your rifle from slam firing later down the road.

11. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Have you ever heard the saying, "the more you spend, the more you save"? in airsoft, especially when upgrading, cheaper is not better. Quality parts are expensive, but they wont break and will perform better. Other wise that $250 will turn into $500 when you have to replace all your upgrades that broke after they were used for awhile.

12. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Laylax or nothin bro!

250 is going to get you a good sniper rifle. 400-500 is going to get you an amazing one. While what you have is decent (aside from the angel parts) i really recommend going full laylax/pdi. If you do you will never replace anything again except for maybe the bucking if you dont R-hop it. Or the spring after awhile.

Just know that if you drop that cash in. Your going to get about 175-200 if your lucky if you ever sell it.

13. SniperNoSniping

well i have changed my parts around now

RAVEN PDI VSR-10 430mm 6.01mm+ Tightbore Barrel
    Guarder Hopup Bucking for VSR-10 & Marui / KJW / WE Gas Pistols
    Action Army VSR10/BAR10 Zero Trigger Set
    Laylax PSS10 170SP VSR10 Spring
    Action Army VSR10/BAR10 Bearing Spring Guide

14. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Barrel: No, get Prometheus or Madbull
    Hop-Up: Try to save up for the PDI Chamber
    Trigger: Good
    Spring: Should be upgraded last, unless you like little pieces if shattered internals being shot at people.
    Guide: Not sure, probably ok though

15. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Instead of an m170, get an m150 and the polar star high flow cylinder head (more consistent fps and less wear to internals). the spring guide works just as well as the laylax one (really no difference). get the angel custom AEG chamber, ir hop w/ hard bucking and do the TDC mod (best combo for me, having tried both the PDI chamber and angel custom chamber).

16. SniperNoSniping

i can just make the cylinder head myself seems pretty easy.

17. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

you could, but I would not recommend it. Cylinder heads are very important to air seal and even the smallest miscalculation could make every shot terrible. What methods would you employ to make one, may I ask?

I would suggest upgrading in this order:

PDI Hop-Up(This allows you to use AEG barrels, and is a very good unit)
    6.03mm Barrel
    Bucking/Nubbing
    Cylinder Head
    Spring Guide
    Piston
    Piston Head
    Trigger/Piston Sears
    Zero Trigger
    Cylinder
    Spring

18. SniperNoSniping