Walmart guns

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by deathbringer, Jul 23, 2012.

1. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

One of my friends will only use walmart guns. I ask him why but he doesn't even have a real reason. I never use walmart guns in real battles. Does anyone else not like walmart guns? And can someone PLEASE find an idea of why my friend only uses walmart guns.

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Why don't you ask him? Is not he the one who should know?

3. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

Money? Family issues? Maybe has a "I'm not spending that much" mentality?

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Actually, while I was at my local Walmart looking at a DPMS rifle, I noticed they have a full metal AR style CQB gun for $198.00 and a Sportline style M4 (plastic body, metal gearbox) for $99.

Not the best, but useable in a skirmish.

5. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

I have asked him. He just says because. And he buys attachments and stuff from other places. He just only buys walmart guns. He buys attachments from the web and stuff. Just no guns.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Well, it is his choice, I guess.

7. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

Perhaps he wants to make an ultimate Walmart EBR?

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I'm a FIRM believer that it's not the gun, but more or less the user. With the right tactics and skill anyone can be effective, if not a threat, on the field with an awesome $900 gun or even a $20 Wal-Mart gun.
    I've seen it and have been that guy a few times.

If the kid's happy, let him be. If/when he wants more, you know where to point him.

*Effective being you're in the right place at the right time, not necessarily taking out targets like Rambo

9. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Wal-Mart does sell some good guns depending on the Wal-Mart you visit. My local wal-mart has overpriced MGB guns.

10. ceezy

ceezy New Member

He probabbly just doesnt have the funds for the gun. Or he could just not be very patient and perfer to get the gun right then and there. But like always you get what you pay for.

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    As long as he is happy it shouldn't matter what gun he uses. As for a reson why he doesn't want to upgrade, we cant answer that, Only he can. Honestly I would say stop "badgering" him to tell you why & instead tell him if you ever want to upgrade I can point you in the right direction.

12. Napple

Napple New Member

While the user makes the airsoft gun effective, f the user has a better gun that said user will get more and easier kills. The gun makes the user just as much as the user makes the gun. But you are right when you say that no matter how good their gun is, if the user sucks then the gun won't perform.

13. zreakz

zreakz New Member

It might be a "my parents won't let me spend that much money online problem." and he doesn't want to tell you? But again, if he is happy, let him spend his money how he wants.

14. fradd

fradd New Member

He's probably poor and too embarrassed to tell you.