Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in building an sr25 DMR, and when I browse through the market I came across three brands. The G&G Echo 1 and A&K. Looking at the price, both E1 and A&K come at a much cheaper price which can be used for internal upgrades. All three of them are full metal from my understanding. But from what I was told by my friends, G&G is a much bigger company which can be more reliable. My goal is that I can enjoy the gun for a few months and then upgrade it. I see that the A&K comes in a one-piece outer barrel, I wonder if this will increase the difficulty of looking for parts. Any suggestions on which one I should go for? Thanks
Just for price reference
G&G is 420 USD
Echo 1 is 340USD
A&K is 255 USD

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
While G&G is a large Taiwan company. A&K is larger Chinese Company that OEM's for others...

Rather you should get what you can afford, including magazines...which is a lot harder to get than you may realize.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
The CYMA Platinum SR-25 is a fine platform if the plan is to eventually upgrade it. Good enough OOTB with perhaps only upgrading the packing/bucking and giving it a cleaning. Currently on sale at Evike for $283.50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While G&G is a large Taiwan company. A&K is larger Chinese Company that OEM's for others...

Rather you should get what you can afford, including magazines...which is a lot harder to get than you may realize.
So is G&G worth the extra money comparing the other two? (in terms of quality control and stock internals because I want to run the gun stock as well)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CYMA Platinum SR-25 is a fine platform if the plan is to eventually upgrade it. Good enough OOTB with perhaps only upgrading the packing/bucking and giving it a cleaning. Currently on sale at Evike for $283.50.
The price looks reasonable to me, do you know how's the quality of the gun? I know that the Classic Army CA110 doesn't share parts even if it is the same model with a different brand, so I wonder is the CYMA easy to find aftermarket upgrading parts?
I personally like the stock that the Echo 1 has, but it seems that the CYMA has a one-piece stock, I wonder if is it possible to swap it out later down the path? Thanks
Guitar accessory Air gun Sleeve Trigger Musical instrument accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
The price looks reasonable to me, do you know how's the quality of the gun?
It's the quality you would expect for the cost. I've held one and test fired but don't have extended experience with it. Personally, I would have no problem paying for this. In fact, I almost did buy one but instead I went with the H&K M27 for my DMR build.

I wonder if is it possible to swap it out later down the path
It should be straight forward to swap out the stock. The M-LOK version comes with an adjustable stock.

I wonder is the CYMA easy to find aftermarket upgrading parts?
It should be no more difficult to find aftermarket parts for this replica than your average M4 replica. A lot of the difficultly will depend on your level of technical experience. Also, keep in mind that this is Airsoft and as Guges likes to say "American Consumerism Does Not Apply". Since you're asking these questions I'm going to assume you don't have a lot of experience, if I'm wrong my apologies. One thing you need to keep in mind with the SR-25 is that it does not use a standard V2 shell. Mostly the differences apply to the compression system but please do your research before buying parts. Lots of guides out there on the V2 Extended shell.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
There is also 2 type of mechbox for the SR25 the V2 Long or V2L

Trigger Calipers Revolver Gun barrel Air gun

Or the Standard with the extra long nozzle...looking at you G&G

Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

In stock form, you are fine with either...but neither is "ideal" for "common" upgrades.

Photograph White Trigger Air gun Line

Side by side comparison.

I highly recommend that you Do Not learn to tech on the SR-25...rather you should do it on a plain V2 M4 first...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the quality you would expect for the cost. I've held one and test fired but don't have extended experience with it. Personally, I would have no problem paying for this. In fact, I almost did buy one but instead I went with the H&K M27 for my DMR build.

It should be straight forward to swap out the stock. The M-LOK version comes with an adjustable stock.

It should be no more difficult to find aftermarket parts for this replica than your average M4 replica. A lot of the difficultly will depend on your level of technical experience. Also, keep in mind that this is Airsoft and as Guges likes to say "American Consumerism Does Not Apply". Since you're asking these questions I'm going to assume you don't have a lot of experience, if I'm wrong my apologies. One thing you need to keep in mind with the SR-25 is that it does not use a standard V2 shell. Mostly the differences apply to the compression system but please do your research before buying parts. Lots of guides out there on the V2 Extended shell.
OMG! That definitely helped a whole lot! You save my day. I think I'll choose the cyma to save some bucks for the upgrade because I'm sure if I spend some money to upgrade the cyma up to a G&G price it will for sure outrun the G&G. Just a quick final question do you know if the cyma is full metal or not?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is also 2 type of mechbox for the SR25 the V2 Long or V2L

View attachment 280964

Or the Standard with the extra long nozzle...looking at you G&G

View attachment 280963

In stock form, you are fine with either...but neither is "ideal" for "common" upgrades.

View attachment 280965

Side by side comparison.

I highly recommend that you Do Not learn to tech on the SR-25...rather you should do it on a plain V2 M4 first...
Thanks a lot!!! I am definitely going to learn and upgrade the m4 by myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

I see that evike has 4 options for the sr25, do you know what is the big difference between these four? From my observation, I only see that the stock is different.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Just a quick final question do you know if the cyma is full metal or not?
Receiver and hand guard are.

I see that evike has 4 options for the sr25, do you know what is the big difference between these four?
I believe it's mostly furniture, the internals should be the same. Though I don't know this for sure.

The M-LOK version has an M-LOK hand-guard, available in 2 lengths, and adjustable stock.

I believe the only difference with the SR-25 versions is the length of the outer barrel and the SPR version does not have the mock suppressor. I think the front sight is also different. I'm not sure if the outer barrels are different or not.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think the ‘sr25’ choices would have the 20” outer barrel on it. IT’s a long gun……My SR25 was a gutted boneyard purchase, and was HPAed with a mechanical engine. I did pick up a G&G SR25 hopup for my build before I got started, and learned the hard way about the gearboxes being a consideration. It did not work with my gearbox. I have the long one(sometimes referred to as a V2.5 gearbox).

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Receiver and hand guard are.

I believe it's mostly furniture, the internals should be the same. Though I don't know this for sure.

The M-LOK version has an M-LOK hand-guard, available in 2 lengths, and adjustable stock.

I believe the only difference with the SR-25 versions is the length of the outer barrel and the SPR version does not have the mock suppressor. I think the front sight is also different. I'm not sure if the outer barrels are different or not.
Thanks bro! You saved my day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the ‘sr25’ choices would have the 20” outer barrel on it. IT’s a long gun……My SR25 was a gutted boneyard purchase, and was HPAed with a mechanical engine. I did pick up a G&G SR25 hopup for my build before I got started, and learned the hard way about the gearboxes being a consideration. It did not work with my gearbox. I have the long one(sometimes referred to as a V2.5 gearbox).

Keep us posted!
Did you pick up a G&G sr25 or is it only the hop-up unit that you picked up? If you picked up the cyma version may I know how the gun feels in stock form cause I have decided to go with the cyma. Thanks

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Same model and pretty much made of all the same material...feel is not going to be very different between the makers.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Did you pick up a G&G sr25 or is it only the hop-up unit that you picked up? If you picked up the cyma version may I know how the gun feels in stock form cause I have decided to go with the cyma. Thanks
I bought the GR25 hopup unit when I ordered the boneyard SR25(Was cheaper than picking up a GB by itself, plus it had the outer barrel, can, and handguard w/grip to attach), and a matrix metal reciever ‘upgrade’ kit before knowing that there was a V2.5(V2L) gearbox. I picked up the parts and waited for the Kythera to become available before I started building, so the parts sat on my bench for About a year before I began the build.

it started life out as a (Avenger) SR25, and by the time I recieved it, it was all but completely disassembled. It’s comfortable for me to shoot, but the front end is heavy. I put the forgrip and a bipod on it, held it up to shoot for about a minute or two, then removed the grip and bipod. The bipod is a qd style, so if I want to; I can carry it in my dangle pouch, and take it on and off as needed…..so it just ends up staying in the pouch….I am also old, and as old farts go, I had a rotator cuff injury make the gun hard to run for long, So I picked up another matrix reciever kit, and put a shorter, lighter barrel and ‘suppressor’ on the upper to lighten it up. I can swap back and forth w/no issues. Some people don’t like the grip, but you can always change the grip out. I don’t have any problems with the grip. Here’s a pic of it with my lightweight setup below my M4. The inner barrel comes almost to the end of the can.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts