Water damage.

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by UZIMASTER, Nov 3, 2012.

1. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

My friend wanted me to ask that if he does air soft going through lakes/ponds will this ruin the seal/and other components?

2. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

There was a thread on this a day ago... I'm sure someone has the link to the video with the kid with his classic army in the pool.

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

That is probably different, I assume he has a LPEG or springer. Uzi master, what gun does your friend have?

4. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

But was the gun still working good afterwards?

5. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

My friend has a spring sniper

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I wouldn't recomend it. One day one of my friends but one of his springers in the water and it didn't shoot much at all afterwards. Maybe we didn't give it enough time to drain but I wouldn't recomend it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Holy, Phillies. You really let yourself go, huh ;)

OP: I too wouldn't recommend it. Water leads to rust, and if your friend didn't clean his gun well enough afterwards there's a chance the bolt and everything inside of it will get all rusted up, and then no more pulling the bolt back.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I'm kind of depressed today, so I decided I would break a few rules to cheer me up. :) In all honesty I don't know how that got past me.

OP: WATER+AIRSOFT=NOT GOOD. It is Einsteins updated theory of relativity.:p

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    It's all good man, cheer up. And I hope your cousin gets better soon.

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Thanks, they aren't updating us much so I'm not sure how its going.

Anyways OP, why does your friend want to take his sniper rifle into lakes and ponds?

11. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    OP I wouldn't do it. There is always a chance that something will happen to the gun.

12. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

Kk thanks man, LOL but my friend is one of those guys that will do it anyway, witch basically means he will only learn from experience, but if he still does it (it ant my problem :)

13. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Hopefully you learn by experience too and don't buy any more spring guns either...

14. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

I told you I pay 2,000 dollars a month on my dirt bike, I can't use gas.

15. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Propane gas only costs like $3 per can. You get a lot of gas too. And silicone oil only costs like $5. If your making enough money to pay 2,000 a month I'm sure you can afford $10 extra - ( that's $8 or so with tax)

16. bal1

bal1 New Member

No,most car payments are 150 maybe 250 a month,your lieing,and a try hard troll.

17. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    $2,000? BS. Most dirt bikes NEW only cost maybe $4,000. You'd have it paid of in two months.
    But there is no way you are spending that much money trying to pay off a dirt bike.

18. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

Lol you are a fail, it ant how much the bike cost it's because it is a racing bike, witch means I but a lot of performance parts, also new pistons. Get your facts before you say ****.

19. UZIMASTER

UZIMASTER New Member

You to get your facts first

20. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Like I said before:

And your saying you buy high performance parts on top of that. I'm sure you can pay $10